Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Does anyone have an Butt Cheek spreader

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have an *** Cheek spreader

I just finished installing all the parts listed below on my 500 HO with the exception of the dial a jet and the quiet core. I tuned my pilot jet for best throttle response when the throttle is jabbed. Picked the springs and weight to give a nice low engagement Approx 1350 -1400 right off idle, touch the throttle and you start moving. So I pulled out of my driveway in high range on wet sandy pavement gave it enough throttle to start moving at a walking pace, then I hammered the throttle and pulled back on the bars a bit. WELL I just about didn't have enough time to let the throttle off, that little bugger came up and just about threw me off. Its tough to judge but I'd say I was up 3 feet, when I let the throttle off, and still coming up. My butt cheeks were clenched really tight after that one, I didn't have the ***** to try it in low range, I would probably dump it on myself for sure. This quad always was a good wheelie machine but this was insane, I can't imagine what it would be like if I had a heavier primary spring in that engaged higher. Can't wait to actually get in the bush and drive it. Might have to play with the clutch weights a bit but so far it feels good. Next comes the dial a jet HHMMMMMM.

Brambles

Old 01-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Does anyone have an *** Cheek spreader

glad to hear jeff i hope most of that is from the pipe lol

Old 01-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Does anyone have an Butt Cheek spreader

Congrats on the newfound power!

Old 01-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Old 01-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Range Rover

When I make my adapter to fit the stock one back on we'll see if it makes a difference. I like parts of the sound it makes like the constant throttle, idle and deceleration but when you crack the throttle it really screams. Hopefully the quiet core will take the edge off that. Plus I'm running the 12 discs which will apparently flow 3 times as much air as stock. maybe if I cut it down to 8 discs in might shut it up a bit.
Anyone know how much difference removing diffusers makes.

Brambles

Old 01-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Range Rover

The more discs there are, the quieter it is..the less discs, the louder it is. It also differes with your power range as well. The more discs, the more low end and mid range you have. The less discs the more top end you have. What are you running for springs? I told ya the white brothers,dynojet, and filter would give er some power didn't I! Haha!!

Old 01-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

What kind of forum is this!?!?

lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 01-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Range Rover

I'm running a Dalton Blue spring 3/155 primary and their black EBS which is suppose to give more belt grip and backshifting, the big thing is the adjustable clutch weights from thunder products, I'm running a 51.7 gram weight combination right now, I still have to take it on the open road and see what my rpm's are on the top end though. The stretch of road I am on is only about 100 feet and slight uphill, I am doing about 20mph and 5300-5400 rpm by the end of the 100 ft. I had some 56.7 gram weights in yesterday and the engagement was great all you had to do was sniff the throttle and you were rolling, but that much weight in a 500 really loaded the engine and sucked the rpm's down
It says in the white bros manual that you subtracting discs reduces noise and moves the power down in the rpm band, while increasing discs increases flow, noise and raises the power higher in the rpm band!!!

Brambles

Old 01-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer

yeah ,i got one,but i only use it on my wife and her sister. he he

Old 01-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: kingdiamond
yeah ,i got one,but i only use it on my wife and her sister. he he
LOL, I'm guessing you wife and her sister don't read this forum.
hell maybe your a lucky guy and they DO read this forum [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Does anyone have an Butt Cheek spreader