Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris TrailBoss 330 Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris TrailBoss 330 Problems...

Originally posted by: ThaChad
Originally posted by: mudmaster250
very very few quads come from the factory with a skid plate under the swingarm, and the throttle and brake lever dont need to be metal. its strong enough as it is. they rarely break. as of now it sounds to me like youve been proven wrong by more knowledgeable ppl and are just makin excuses to make your self not look dumb. but hey thats just my opinion. take it how u want to

You must be speaking of Utility quads, because every Sport quad comes with a skid plate under the swingarm.

You have not proven anything, to prove something, you would actually have to show 'proof' of something be correct, or something being incorrect.. You have just made statements, not given any proof of anything.

i lrelize everyones playing nice now but im gonna say this. i dont know where your info comes from cause hardly any atvs come wtih skid plates on teh swingarm. sport or utility. my TB dosnt thats for sure. if they all had them stock why would all the aftermarkey companies sell them?????

Because the one's that come stock are Plastic, and no where NEAR as strong as the Aluminum one's that are sold Aftermarket. My Z400 Came with a Plastic one, I replaced it with the 3/16" Aluminum Swingarm Skid Plate. Honda 400ex's come with them, DVX400's come with them, KFX400's come with them, 450R's come with them... I have never seen a sport quad that didn't come with one. They would be foolish not to...

-ThaChad
the polaris dosnt have one! if your talkin about the skidplate for the motor and tranny then thats different but i have never seen an atv from the factory come with a swingarm skidplate

Old 02-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This is about the problem with the 330. Dont even know how we got on this subject. And the predator does come with one.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Well since you don't believe me, and i KNOW what i am saying is correct.. I took some Pictures of the STOCK swingarm skid plate that came off my Z400, and comes STOCK on every Z400 ever made, and most Sport ATV. Also there is a picture to show you WHY they make Aluminum aftermarket swingarm Skid plates...

I really don't care if you believe me. its obvious you havent looked under the swingarm of a Sport quad.. Either that or maybe you just don't know what a swingarm is... but in either case.. here's the pictures..

THIS is the reason they sell Aftermarket Aluminum skid plates!!

Guess what!?!?! a STOCK Swingarm Skid Plate, right off a '04 Z400!!!!! Say it isn't soo!!!

I have proven my point.. If you'd like i can go to the dealer tomarrow and take a picture of the rear end of every sport quad they have in stock..

Just to put an end to your Think-ya-know-everything's..... The Yamaha Raptor 350, Rear end Picture, Showing the STOCK Swingarm Skid Plate!

Now please, get off my thread.

-ThaChad

Old 02-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Polaridoo
Well, if you still want help describe in detail the symptomps... when it does it, what altitude you are at, etc. Cannot help you unless you give some very specific info.

Polaridoo,

I just wanted to say Thank-You for being one of the few on this post that were helpfull.

We need more people like you.

-ThaChad

Old 02-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You can change the needle clip position to see if it clears up. You want to lower the clip 1 notch at a time to richen it up or raise it up to lean it out. The needle only works up to half throttle so if you have a pop or burp at 1/4 throttle this should take care of it.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Well since you don't believe me, and i KNOW what i am saying is correct.. I took some Pictures of the STOCK swingarm skid plate that came off my Z400, and comes STOCK on every Z400 ever made, and most Sport ATV. Also there is a picture to show you WHY they make Aluminum aftermarket swingarm Skid plates...

I really don't care if you believe me. its obvious you havent looked under the swingarm of a Sport quad.. Either that or maybe you just don't know what a swingarm is... but in either case.. here's the pictures..

THIS is the reason they sell Aftermarket Aluminum skid plates!!

Guess what!?!?! a STOCK Swingarm Skid Plate, right off a '04 Z400!!!!! Say it isn't soo!!!

I have proven my point.. If you'd like i can go to the dealer tomarrow and take a picture of the rear end of every sport quad they have in stock..

Just to put an end to your Think-ya-know-everything's..... The Yamaha Raptor 350, Rear end Picture, Showing the STOCK Swingarm Skid Plate!

Now please, get off my thread.

-ThaChad
while your their take a pic of the trailblazer and see if it has a skid plate and ask them how many throttles and brake levers break.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

while your their take a pic of the trailblazer and see if it has a skid plate and ask them how many throttles and brake levers break.

The trailblazer, and the scrambler arn't REAL sport Quads... No one in their right mind would drive them as you would a Sport Quad.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

The trailblazer, and the scrambler arn't REAL sport Quads... No one in their right mind would drive them as you would a Sport Quad.
you can say that when one of the tbs or sport/scramblers that dennis shotwell or hpd goes screaming past u!! 1fastpolaris has a couple of tbs that you would never be able to keep up with. i drive mine as a sport quad and then i take it and hit the mud with it.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

you can say that when one of the tbs or sport/scramblers that dennis shotwell or hpd goes screaming past u!! 1fastpolaris has a couple of tbs that you would never be able to keep up with. i drive mine as a sport quad and then i take it and hit the mud with it.

Anyone go fast with the right amount of money.. Let me see either the trailblazer or the scrambler take a 60' mx jump, and land it, unbroken, with the rider in one piece..

Old 02-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

Whoaaa ThaChad
So what is your definition of a sports quad? And if the Trailblazer is not a sports quad what is it?

Quick Reply: Polaris TrailBoss 330 Problems...