Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

05 scrammy pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

I have the AAEN silencer on my 05 scrambler. I just ordered a rolloer helix and a clutch kit for itso I will let you know what happens later this week after the install. THe pipe helped out mid range and top end. Its definatly louder than stock. DOnt get the nickel plated becuase it discolors badly.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
I run the HPD Powermaxx exhaust with the matching clutch kit (with a few changes of my own) The HPD exhaust has been dyno proven and tested to produce more power than its competition. It however, does not have a spark arrestor. Another, cheaper alternative is the White Bros E-Series slip-on. The clutch is where you will see the most gains. A properly clutched machine to your riding terrain, style, and performance mods will make all the difference. And there are ENDLESS options.
hey jason whatever happened to getting the sticker on the muffler and putting a piece of wire mesh inside to make it appear that its got a spark arrestor in it?

Old 02-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

im surprised no one said anything about the t-4 full exuahst?
I think that system just came out within the last year or two. I just noticed it a month ago myself and never ran into anyone with it on the trails or on the forums. While it's a little bit more than the others, it does sound like you get good quality for the money...6063 aluminum silencer, U.S.F.S. spark arrester and 304 stainless steel headpipe. $379.99 shipped to your door from Dennis Kirk. I'd definatley think about that one.

Old 02-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

ya i think im going to give the t-4 a try from dennis kirk... ill keep ya posted and get some pics up.. if anyone has used this pipe or knows of something better letting me know would be awsome.. now i guess a k-n filter will be needed as some type of airbox mod then a clutch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] cant wait and just maybe for my bday ill get some itp c series with mudlites thinking about 24s good or bad?

Old 02-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

weird that dennis kirk sells them for under 400 bucks shiped were the pro circuit web site sells them for 500 bucks not shipped. i better order soon be4 dennis kirks price shoots up to....

Old 02-02-2005, 12:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

Originally posted by: storks
ya i think im going to give the t-4 a try from dennis kirk... ill keep ya posted and get some pics up.. if anyone has used this pipe or knows of something better letting me know would be awsome.. now i guess a k-n filter will be needed as some type of airbox mod then a clutch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] cant wait and just maybe for my bday ill get some itp c series with mudlites thinking about 24s good or bad?
I would stay away from it. From what I have heard, their headpipe is not much larger than stock. They also provide no dyno results to show what kind of gain you will get. If you want the spark arrestor, you would be better off going with the White Bros.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

Originally posted by: mudmaster250
Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
I run the HPD Powermaxx exhaust with the matching clutch kit (with a few changes of my own) The HPD exhaust has been dyno proven and tested to produce more power than its competition. It however, does not have a spark arrestor. Another, cheaper alternative is the White Bros E-Series slip-on. The clutch is where you will see the most gains. A properly clutched machine to your riding terrain, style, and performance mods will make all the difference. And there are ENDLESS options.
hey jason whatever happened to getting the sticker on the muffler and putting a piece of wire mesh inside to make it appear that its got a spark arrestor in it?
I have "USFS APPROVED" stamped in it already. I have to take the silencer apart this winter anyway to repack it and wil add the screen then