Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

05 scrammy pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

new to the forum seems like the best place around...so heres the ? what pipe do you guys think is the best for a trail rider woods and feild. im seldomy in mud but i do love hill climbs on it. i just got the quad 3 weeeks ago and got rid of a z400 for it so im feeling a lil slow heh but its way more fun.. also if i have to put a clutch kit let me know who and why,,,,btw noise isnt a huge deal but id like to keep it decent thanks for any replies as im having a hard time finding this.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

i have a HSP full system on my quad, i love the system, personally im into the loud roars so i like the sound i get from it, i had problems with it last fall, idk what happend. I was ridin ditches and the silencer just like split b/t the header. All i have to say is that was loud but it was crazy with how much power i lost, i got the new 05 silencer and it works like a charm, they rebuilt alittle of it and its working good but since i modified my old silencer after it broke (as u can see in my pics) they wouldnt take it in on warrenty because i drilled holes into it so yeah that sucked cuz i had to pay for the new silencer but im still happy with the system and i dont think ill ever put a different one on there

Old 01-31-2005, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

thanks ill check it out...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] did you do a clucth kit as well?

Old 01-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

nope not yet, my dad said we'll see, i mostly just wanna get as much bottom outa my quad as i can, i mean i dont need all that top end cuz its not often that im runnin it over 50 so the bottom and mid range will be great for the woods but im sure ill clutch it this summer, ill just tell him ill get more outa my pipe if i clutch it so it'll work lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

I run the HPD Powermaxx exhaust with the matching clutch kit (with a few changes of my own) The HPD exhaust has been dyno proven and tested to produce more power than its competition. It however, does not have a spark arrestor. Another, cheaper alternative is the White Bros E-Series slip-on. The clutch is where you will see the most gains. A properly clutched machine to your riding terrain, style, and performance mods will make all the difference. And there are ENDLESS options.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

storks, welcome to the forums!! there are several good pipes out on the market. alot depends on your riding. hotseat, hpd, white bros, all seem to be good pipes for trails and general riding. and once you decide what pipe and / or other engine mods, then you can start on the clutch if need to. like bbs, you can get alot out of the motor/pipe set up with proper clutching.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

You will gain alot more with a good clutch setup than the pipe.Like BBS said the HPD full system is good but I like the WB slip on for the price.For about a $100 more than the HPD system you can get a White Bros and a HPD TEAM roller seconday along with a primary spring with a higher shift rate.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Trailblazer
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

wow thanks for the fast replies i hope soon i can help you guys out as well. im surprised no one said anything about the t-4 full exuahst?

Old 02-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

Originally posted by: XtremeSkier
since i modified my old silencer after it broke (as u can see in my pics) they wouldnt take it in on warrenty because i drilled holes into it so yeah that sucked cuz i had to pay for the new silencer but im still happy with the system and i dont think ill ever put a different one on there

After I read that, I was thinking that you drilled holes in the silencer to make it louder, and that you weren't too bright... BUT... After looking at your pics, that was a pretty smart fix man. Good thinking, i know i wouldn't have thought of that.

Glad I looked at the pics.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default 05 scrammy pipe?

or the dg looks nice. i do like hsp tho but i dont care for the aaen.... thanks for the info

Quick Reply: 05 scrammy pipe?