Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

is predator a good woods bike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is predator a good woods bike?

the preditor is an excellent bike, in dirt wheels mag it held its own agaist a Raptor 660 in speed, ride, and most everything, though they do say that the TLD predator does not addapt to performance mods as well as other bikes do. If you do get a Predator i deffenetly recomend getting the TLD as for its nitrogen Fox Shox suspention that is a very very nice touch, ontop of that, very comfey, i still think that its a rough bike though, but that YZF450 will snap your back in half on the trail...

Old 02-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Range Rover

hey guys AWESOME INFO BTW! thanks a TON! you have no idea how i have been waiting on this info! well actually its only been a couple days but it seems WAY LONGER! LOL.... im glad a couple of you got a laugh out of my name.... but there IS a reason behind it... ive had this name since i first got an e-mail account way back in the day and it just kinda stayed with me. i used to be die hard honda fan.. but that was a LONG time ago.. i still love their bikes.. but i am learning that each manufacturer has their own strengths/weaknesses.... so i am not brand loyal anymore. alright so whats this deal about the TLD pred not takin mods? would it be better to get the standard pred and just change the gearing in it to make it accell faster? do the fox shox ONLY come on the TLD? i probably will buy one of these this summer.. so my guess is i am gonna get a 04-05... but i would REALLY like to find a left over one or one that was bought and never ran.... i wont have the money to drop cash on this thing so i will have to finance it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] should i spend the extra dough and get the 05? i dont know if the shox will make that much of a big deal to me or not.. i only weigh 125lb.. and im only 5'8" tall.. so is the better shox a big deal with my weight and stuff? or do the shox actually change the handling that much that its worth it? i really appreciate the info guys.. keep up da good work! if i win the lottery i will buy you all a new quad! LOL well... maybe not.. but i would like to! LOL later guys!

Old 02-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

not sure what performance mods they're talking about that thay won't take. we've piped em, put in filters, carb work, and so on. as far as shock go, the handling on tld is somewhat more adjustable. this may help you as a lighter rider. also, alot of ppl seem to say that the std is better in woods because of different ratio trans. im the opposite i like the close ratios on the tld. can get it through the gears faster and is always on the power in tight sections. yea you may have to shift a little more, but imo thats a small sacrafice of the other advantages.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bansheemike
they still blow...
bull....

its possible to break anything on any machine, just because your friend had problems with his, read the posts here and you'll find some very pleased predator owners....just because your banshee got spanked by a stock predator on the trail, don't be jealous....
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2005, 12:54 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: elkbow
they still blow...
bull....

its possible to break anything on any machine, just because your friend had problems with his, read the posts here and you'll find some very pleased predator owners....just because your banshee got spanked by a stock predator on the trail, don't be jealous....

????
did I say anything about getting spanked about a predator???? there is a few predators here and some of them have quite a bit of money into them and yet they still back down when I ask them to race.. I think thats cute that you think a stock predator could beat my shee lol..
you guys are good for a laugh!

Old 02-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

I could take my Sportsman 500 Ho and run all over a Banshee lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I might not out run it ,but I could go head to head and win. My friend had a Banshee he would stay clear from me,He knew I would run over him LOL.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer

yuh.. have fun with that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: elkbow
they still blow...
bull....

????
did I say anything about getting spanked about a predator???? there is a few predators here and some of them have quite a bit of money into them and yet they still back down when I ask them to race.. I think thats cute that you think a stock predator could beat my shee lol..
you guys are good for a laugh!
I said on the trail,,,,you would not stand a chance against the 4-stroke and the suspension of the predator on the trail....not even close, as a matter of fact, unless your a really really good rider, you wouldn't stand a chance against me on my '05 700 EFI....at over 900 pounds loaded...

Old 02-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Range Rover

well, i highly doubt that a banshee would do what i want it to do in the woods.. but i bet its fast as hell on the straight aways. im getting a good response to the questions i asked. so im gonna ask some more. Predator VS Banshee VS Raptor... Top Speed ON PAVEMENT!

predator, z400, 400ex, raptor, 450, 450R, Woods... which would win? not relaly tight stuff... not wide open stuff either.

lata!

Old 02-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Too many kids with big egos on this site.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

The pred is a great trail quad. And the 05' TLD is gonna be killer. This aint your old school polaris boys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The predator is one bad machine.

Quick Reply: is predator a good woods bike?