Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

is a new throttle cable required when deleting oil injection?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default is a new throttle cable required when deleting oil injection?

subject sums it up, I removed my starter and battery last week, floor boards sunday and am going weight savings crazy. I make my own starter block off with some scrap alluminuim. and I think I will do the same thing for the oil injection, but is a new throttle cable required, or can you just disconnect the old one were it links up to the oil pump and just kind of zip tie it out of the way?

Old 02-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Required"? No, but you'll be glad if you go ahead and buy one, and probably safer too. It will work if you just tie up the loose cable, allowing the end to slide in and out. But you'll have only one spring to return the throttle, versus the two you did have. So it could easily stick on you eventually. I put a little spring on the end of my loose cable to solve this, but then I went ahead and bought a single cable and it is much, much better.

Hey, if you removed your floorboards, what are you putting your feet on? Pegs? Those net things racers have? I'd like to see what you've done?

Old 02-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

I see your a mudder, just my two cents I would keep the floor boards. I don;t mud this quad, but it would keep you drier.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ride a quad in North Georgia very much and you're a mudder by default!

I found your pics too, how much weight do you think you have saved?

Old 02-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

-well I just had a big message but erased it.

those pictures are older, total weight has been 46pounds dry removed. since I still have the oil injection. so I'm at 436dry. assuming I've gotten myself to 40hp with my mods whihc feels about correct. I've got a weight to horsepower ratio of 10.9 whihc isn;t bad. a raptor weighs 398 dry stock and has 35hp from the info I have fiund whihc would be 11.4 pounds a pony.

the weight wasn't in the floor boards as mine were aluminuim but the supports underneith. it seems like most of the weight numbers are exagerated. I saw 10 punds for the radiator fan but when I removed that last night it was only worth. 6.5. I saw 25 starter and battery and they only weighed 13pounds. I'm using a digital like a drug dealer use's too so its pretty acuarate.

Is there a percentage guide or something for rejetting with oil injection removed ? I bought a ratio rite to get accurate mixing but don't want to melt my engine.

were in geirgia are you? I bought my scrambler in cleveland ga, and my parents have a house in hiawasee by helen and clayton. I tow my scrambler up there when I visit. we should get up sometime. I found some trail systems but they were all closed when I was up at thanksgiving from a storm.