Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

SCRAMBLER BIG FOOT clutching questions??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutching questions??

Which has the most affect on clutch engagment and the RPM's this happens at the primary spring or the weights in the primary clutch. My clutch assembly is making a squilling sound as the assembly moves back to the idle position is this normall? sounds like it needs some grease gonna tear it all down and clean it tomm. i got a hpd belt for it hope it helps.

OK here is my problem i put 25" tires on scrambler and a EPI big foot clutch kit made for a scrambler. this set up is sweet but a polaris belt does not last long before it gets glazed and i lose performance and eventually the belt will fail so maybe 10 hours of ride time depending on how i baby it deep mudd seems to be the killer for my belt . the secondary spring from EPI was similar to the stock but the primary was way longer and seemed stiffer than stock both were orange but i know each manufacturer has thier own color code, weights were also similar but i dont know much about the weights function. the helix was a much steeper angle than stock. i want to lower my engagement RPM's and still have good but grip on the belt can i put my stock primary spring back in and have this happen?? any suggetions would be great .