Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Front suspension metal lifting spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front suspension coil spring spacers?

has anyone got pictures of their front suspension with the metal lifting spacers installed? what did you use and what sizes?

Old 02-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Check out my gallery. I have a close-up picture of the Pure Polaris coil spring spacers installed.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

Are those the rubber spacers they get about $15 for
how much lift do you get out of them and
they look easy to install

Old 02-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Ya, they were $15.99 a pair. I really don't get any lift out of them. There's grooves in them that the springs fit in. They don't spread the spring out they're just supposed to help reduce the sag you get when you lift your plow. When they're installed (without the plow mounted) the front end looks the same as it does without them. The real difference for me is my front doesn't sag like it did when I lift my plow. It took 15-20 minutes to install all four of them, and I took my time. For me they were a cheap solution to the sagging problem I was having. I would like to get the Progressive springs for the front but it's not a necessity for me right now (trying to get a new house).

Old 02-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

STOP- don't waste your cash on those crappy rubber polaris spacer! I tried two sets just as 2newatv has shown and they did not add any lift or even level the front end out for that matter. I made a recent post on these rubber spacers.

I am Interested in the metal lifting spacers that go underneath the coil springs to lift the front suspension.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front suspension metal lifting spacers?

What about Progressive springs? They will give you a lift, plus you will have adjustable springs.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

I would check out the Progressive spring kit, with the spacers for the 2004 and earlier machines. I know you are trying to make some and may be the easy way, but with the progressive kit, you get progressive springs and the spacers. The spacers are made of aluminum and have two adjusting nuts, one is a lock nut. The springs are comparable to the polaris stock springs without the spacers installed.

One other idea may be to contact Progressive and ask them if you can buy just the spacers, I think that would help greatly and I believe they will fit under the stock springs, then again maybe not....the springs need to be wider because the spacers slip over the bottom of the strut assembly....probably wouldn't fit....get a set of progressives, I think overall it will give you everything you need and more

here is a pic of the progressive setup: progressive

Old 02-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

superior suspension parts

scroll down for spring spacers

Old 02-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

I made two full sets of spacers today at work out of 2 1/2" outside diameter aluminum round stock. I made four 2" spacers and four 1" spacers total. I got some measurements from sportsman70003 from his spacers to give me a good idea on a way to fabricate my own. soon I will take pics of my fabricated spacers and then I need to decide wether to leave them natural beadblasted or to paint them low gloss flat black. what do you guys think?

Old 02-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I have two extra 2" spacers and four 1" spacers if anyone is interested.

Quick Reply: Front suspension metal lifting spacers?