Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

trailblazer aaen roller clutch yes/no??

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailblazer aaen roller clutch yes/no??

ive got a list of mods im plannin to do before i go to the cliffs in marsales IL on the 18. the list is: 34mm carb, oil block off, K&N filterand outerwear, 34tooth sprocket, starter block off, red/yellow hpd primary, S55 gram weights, single throttle cable, lightened flywheel, and tusk T7 handle bars. should i wait and get the roller clutch or just spring the extra 90 bucks for it. without it all that stuff would be 355 w/o shipping and 445 w/o shipping. 355 looks better than 345 for sure but is the performance worth it cuz theres lots of hills and mud at the cliffs and i ride on wideopen railroad beds, fields, trails and mud normaly. jsut a big mix of everythign. im hopin 2manytoys will chime in here cuz i know he used to have one. thanks,
scott

Old 02-09-2005, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Do you need it? No. Is it worth the 90 bucks? Absolutely! Tweaking them can make your bike faster or slower, but the main thing they add is imediate response to your PVT. Your PVT reacts to your throttle so well you wonder why Polaris does not do this from the factory on all their PVTs.

Old 02-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

is there any points that u could tell me about riding like how it reacts to hills and such? im seriously considering it now. it sounds great!!!

Old 02-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

the roller clutch is alot more durable than the stock plastic buttons and you get better performance with all your other mods, especially since youre already doing the drive clutch.

Old 02-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

One of the best features is the backshift. It is as close to engine breaking as you can get without engine breaking. It does a far better job of backshifting as speed decreases while climbing, keeping the motor at it's peak rpm range. When trail riding, letting off the throttle means the quad will slow down quickly. There is just no lag from when the primary slows to when the secodary shifts out. Like i said this is not really a go fast thing. It is a controling what you have thing.

Old 02-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

hey 2manytoys i want your opinion too if u see this thread, thanks,
scott

Old 02-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

bump

Old 02-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Scott,

Like Fish said it wont do much for top speed but you will get there quicker. Great on the trails and I think it is well worth the money. Doing the roller secondary gets rid of all the friction in the driven clutch and doing this it makes it more responsive, pulls harder, shifts quicker and gets more power to the wheels. You also dont have to worry about the buttons anymore. The more power you have the quicker the buttons wear or break.

Old 02-10-2005, 12:15 AM
EAB
Pro Rider

Is it a 2 piece unit that you replace the helix with? From the picture on AAENs site it looks like you take the buttons out then bolt the 3 ramp dealy in their place, then install the aluminum piece with the bearings like you would your helix. Am I close? How do you chose a 'helix' angle? Go with what you have now? And how does it compare to the Team Secondary unit?

Old 02-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

EAB you have it right on how it goes together. I chose my helix angle on Aaens recomendations.

Quick Reply: trailblazer aaen roller clutch yes/no??