Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Crewline ATV/Motorcycle lift sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crewline ATV/Motorcycle lift sale

Originally posted by: TEXMud
Is 17 inches as high as it goes? I have 17.5 inhces of clearance in the rear and 16 up front. I think the only way I could use this lift from what I could tell would be to extend it quite a bit. At 17 inches I cant get my tires off the ground. I'm going today to look at it to see if I cant rig something up.
Hey TEXMud,
I realized that I was wasting quite a few inches of lift by jacking the lift up to the point it made contact, so I built myself a spacer to fill in the void. Now when I lift, I start out with only about 1" of clearance and the atv goes up so far at full lift that it sometimes gets a nose bleed from the altitude.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Is 17 inches as high as it goes? I have 17.5 inhces of clearance in the rear and 16 up front. I think the only way I could use this lift from what I could tell would be to extend it quite a bit. At 17 inches I cant get my tires off the ground. I'm going today to look at it to see if I cant rig something up.
The pad platforms on top are held on by 4 allen head bolts, remove the platform, make a new one and bolt it on to get your clearance the at you need, or just put something on top of the lift...

Old 02-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like good news with adding a spacer. I wish it could be aluminum to match, but you cant have everything. I'll have to see how much I need to add to it. My Sams person is taking me there at 5:00...hope they have one.

Old 02-17-2005, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I cant believe the quality of this thing. Of course it doesnt come close lifting my quad off the ground at all right now. I'll have to add some serious spacers, but well worth the money.

Old 02-17-2005, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I cant believe the quality of this thing. Of course it doesnt come close lifting my quad off the ground at all right now. I'll have to add some serious spacers, but well worth the money.
definitely one of the best lifts out there, with superior quality....like I said above, would be easy to make the spacers you need, or a whole new top.....Pick up the aluminum you need, get some rectangular aluminum tubing and make a new top....they make different sizes that should fit your need...

Old 02-17-2005, 01:18 AM
Range Rover

Hi TEXMud...

I was in the same boat as you. Big tires and a tall suspension made the 17" rise of the Crewline lift basically useless... My fix was fabbing up two "spacers to fit under the stock lift pads. I made these with two sections of square steel tubing, 3.5" x 3.5" x 14". I used the stock (metric) hardware to attach the pads to the "spacers", and new matching bolts (also metric) to attach the "spacers" to the lift. It added a bit of weight and the lift is not as thin as it used to be, but it does get my machine completely off the ground now. Not real high, but it's not a lift table now is it?

This machine is rolling on 28" tires with a custom 4" suspension that has quite a bit of "droop". Try using a couple pieces of 2x4 put down on the pads as a test. If two on each pad will do it, the 3.5" square steel tubng is the ticket for you as well....

Good luck....

Old 02-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

I don't have a problem with the Crewline on mine but I may build some spacers while I am at work if I get bored just to get it off the ground a bit more, naturally I will make them out of Aluminum.

Old 02-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah my spacers will have to be aluminum just for the coolness factor. Only bad part is I have no access to the stuff and have no experience with the stuff.

Old 02-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: moosehunter
Hi TEXMud...

I was in the same boat as you. Big tires and a tall suspension made the 17" rise of the Crewline lift basically useless... My fix was fabbing up two "spacers to fit under the stock lift pads. I made these with two sections of square steel tubing, 3.5" x 3.5" x 14". I used the stock (metric) hardware to attach the pads to the "spacers", and new matching bolts (also metric) to attach the "spacers" to the lift. It added a bit of weight and the lift is not as thin as it used to be, but it does get my machine completely off the ground now. Not real high, but it's not a lift table now is it?

This machine is rolling on 28" tires with a custom 4" suspension that has quite a bit of "droop". Try using a couple pieces of 2x4 put down on the pads as a test. If two on each pad will do it, the 3.5" square steel tubng is the ticket for you as well....

Good luck....

yep,,,,

i use a chunk of 4x12 doug fir,,,,,,and shim the rest with cedar shakes (building materials all over the garage) to get the bike nice and level

Old 02-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

hey bing, you should snap a few pics so the rest of us can have a good laugh, lol J/K sounds like something some of the rednecks out by me would do. I think my father in law would even be caught doing it.

Quick Reply: Crewline ATV/Motorcycle lift sale