Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

TEAM clutch vs AAEN clutch. Which one???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEAM clutch vs AAEN clutch. Which one???

So these roller clutches are a lot easier on the belt? Ive always got belt dust on my front fender after multipule runs.
My clutches are aligned and I use the good motor mounts. Dayco belt.

Also how much would a roller secondary help drag racin?

Old 02-16-2005, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

According to hpd you will put around 5% more power to the ground!

Old 02-16-2005, 09:38 AM
CED
Pro Rider

My buddy has the Team Roller on his race mod,you can pull the secondary bare handed after running it for a while,you can't do that with the regular setup.

Old 02-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

So the team secondary is that much better?
Maybe I will have to rethink on what I should get. I would have thought that the conversion kit would have been tough enough for the 500 I could see maybe breakin something in them on the modded 400 pumping out 85 hp But a fully pimped out 500 with everything you could get done to it maybe 58hp. And I thought HPD ran there conversion kit in there modded out 400 without a hitch. I would like to try all three but and then make a choice but that aint gonna happen so I guess I will have to take the word of the people who have tried both.
Thanx

Old 02-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This would be a big decision for me also if I were to buy again. I used HPD's setup while in a hot trail mod and also used it in the race mod (even on alky for awhile) and it held up great. As a matter of fact Pennyless has not changed the rollers yet. I changed them once just for maintenence purposes. There is not doubt that the team unit is built as an assembly and made tough and will outlast. You just have to decide whether the price difference in comparison to usage is enough to make the leap. If I had a slower trail bike or a casual rider I would not hesitate to do the standard kit again. For a full race mod I believe I would go with the Team unit for maximum reliability and maximum power transfer. Just my .02
Bubba

Old 02-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Trailblazer

So yall think that if I would put a team secondary that my et will drop?

Old 02-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know who's is better, but I will say I have never replaced roller bearings in mine. It has been said that they fail and you might be stuck with a rattling secondary. So far so good after 3+ years. That's good enough for me on reliability. If they do fail now they earned it.lol

Old 02-17-2005, 04:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Fishslab, did you have to buy the PVT housing too? I still dont know if I want to spend the extra on the TEAM. I am not putting out the power that the race mod 400's are, so I think that the Aaen would be able to handle it. How much of a difference did yours make?

Old 02-18-2005, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

BBS, I did have to get both the helix and the housing. I just asked for the kit and they gave me everything I needed. It will require a new secondary spring as well. Mine was part of a larger purchase so I wasn't paying attention to every detail. I will try to find my old reciept to figure it out. As far as difference it's very noticeable. And in a very good way too. Your PVT will react to your throttle. You will get more adjustment as well. Of all the mods I've done to my Scrambler this is the most noticeable. This may not be true for the 2 strokes. Again don't expect to be faster just expect the quad to performe much better.

Old 02-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The HPD unit still uses the same violet secondary spring (if you have it already) and has 7 adjustment holes instead of 3. The backshift is unbelievable with the roller. It would definitely be a must for me on a trail bike.

Quick Reply: TEAM clutch vs AAEN clutch. Which one???