Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

TEAM clutch vs AAEN clutch. Which one???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEAM clutch vs AAEN clutch. Which one???

i have the aaen on one of my bikes and a hpd on the other. after this weekend they will both have team setups. on my maxx 416 and big bore ive never had a roller issue. i lean more tward the aaen because there are more helixs avalible or they will make custom angles never could get hpd to do that. i hope my team units were worth it.

Old 02-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well, I ended up ordering the TEAM clutch from HPD today. It comes with the helix and spring setup to my specs for $279. Cant wait to try it out!

Old 02-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Good deal. Your gonna love being rolled.lol Take it out for a spin with out it first then put it on. Then give us your honest report. Hopefully you don't decide we're all full of $hit.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Cant wait to take it out. I got a laundry list of things I have to do to the scrammy first before I can take it on a trip. I live in the township, so in order to ride, I got to get my friends together and make a weekend out of it at one of their cabins. I also got a muffler repacking kit from HPD. I am starting to blow some fiberglass out of the muffler. Good time to do my "spark arrestor" mod[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I wonder how it will sound if I put a little less fiberglass back in. hmmmmm.??

Old 02-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Big Bad I am thinking of getting the HPD airbox mod Give me your honest take on it was there a noticeable gain would you do it again was it worth the money Thanx Oh by the way I would like to hear your remarks on the roller when you get it

Old 02-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The gain that I noticed from the airbox mod was in acceleration (especially in the mid range) and throttle response. The throttle response is much better, almost instant. If you are looking to mod the airbox, then this is definately the thing to spend your money on. Spend a little more and do it right the first time, is the way I look at it. And yes, I would do it again. Oh, a Pre-filter is a MUST with this kit. The only complaint that I have is that the lid doesnt lock down all the way around because the scoop edges cover some of the locks. Make sure you take your time to prefit the lid and trim it where needed. I have to do a little more trimming on mine to get the locks to fit right

Old 02-28-2005, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

Thanx BBS I will have to order one now

Old 02-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

So is it worth spending the money for a race mod 400?

Old 02-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The lady on the phone told me that Darrel from HPD runs the TEAM clutch on all his machines. He was out of the shop for the week, but she told me that he says that there is a noticeable "seat of the pants feel" between the shift drum conversion and the TEAM unit.

Old 03-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Got the clutch in today. Man, HPD has super fast shipping!!!. Looks like a nice quality unit. We have gotten nailed with a lot of snow lately and I have to move the quad from its resting place in the garage to the shed where I can work on it. And it doesnt currently run (for a number of reasons). So, it may be a little while before I get around to installing the clutch. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: TEAM clutch vs AAEN clutch. Which one???