Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Wish I knew

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2000, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have kind of an interesting story to tell about me and the Griz. I bought my Griz at the end of June. Prior to that I owned a Kodiak for a couple of years. Put almost 2000 miles on it. I rolled, flipped and crash that thing more then I care to say. Never put a dime into any repairs! So I was convinced of the Yamaha durability. But I wanted something that had more *****! I never really read any quad magazines or seached the web about them. But I knew of the Grizzly, and thats the one I wanted. So I bought one. I really didn't like the Hondas, seems like everyone I knew at the time had a Honda. I'm kind of into non-conformity. Plus I don't really care for the way Hondas look. The Yamahas just looked tougher.
Other then the big four Jap. bikes, I had really never heard of any others, except for Arctic Cat. Now remember this was as early as 3 months ago!
Then I found this forum and learned that Polaris also made a quad! What a surprise. Not knowing anything about a Polaris I started checking out the Polaris Forum. Hell, I never even looked in the Honda Forum untill I had been doing this for a couple of months. Still don't care too much for the Hondas.
I've learned alot about the Polaris from reading the posts in this forum. Some good, some bad. Enough good that I wish I knew Polaris made a quad at the time I bought the Griz. I would have considered it enough to at least test drive one. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret buying the Griz at all. Its turned out to be everything I had expected and more. But it has its drawbacks in areas where the Polaris has assets. And visa versa.
Since I've owned the Griz I've bumped into a few people riding Polaris quads. Its funny that when I owned my Kodiak I never saw a Polaris. I've had a great time with those guys and I've had a chance to see how good a Polaris really is.
But there is one thing that I have noticed in these forums. Now that I have been looking at all the forums. There seems to be a great deal of hostility in this forum over the others. The others have it also, just not as much it seems. At first, I was alittle defensive about it. I remeber thinking many times "jeez, who pissed in his wheaties"! I don't get into that anymore. I found myself acting like the people I was criticizing. So I'll continue to read and learn about Polaris, I'm interested. Who knows, in two years if I decide to buy a different quad it might be a Polaris. But then again, with that new Kawasaki out................

Old 09-21-2000, 02:54 AM
Trailblazer

Grizzly -
When it comes to the internet, some forum folks feel tough cuz they have a certain amount of anonymity. Even though I have never even gone to any of the other forums on this site, I was surprised to see bickering here. I'm dug in very deep in the BBQ competition world and we have a forum where the top teams in the country hang out. People, for some reason just have to be ugly at times over stupid things like what type of cooker or smoker someone uses, what rubs they use , techniques, mops etc. The ugly people over there are usually the ones that never win anything ! It gets heavy at times. As the regulars there know, as I'm sure the regulars here know, it's the small people that carry on this way. They're the same folks that post using aliases cuz they don't have the cajones to use their real nickname. Don't take it personal. Stick around here and contribute. As in all internet forums, it doesn't take long to figure out who will always lend a helping hand, and that's probably 98% of the folks here. We can all deal with the other 2%.

Houndog
Fat side up ?

Old 09-21-2000, 08:04 AM
Pro Rider

Thank you Houndog. Well said.

01Grizzly, I think that the ones that you see the most hostility from, are in most cases probably social misfits in the real world as well as in the cyber world. Pitiful little people, that feel like they have no control in thier lives, and can attempt to take control here. They usually don't last long.

Stick around. I like hearing about the differences in the models that we have to choose from.

Dave

Old 09-21-2000, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

Hound Dog said it well. Many of the stupid people on these sites feel tough because they can hide behind the monitor. Many of these stupid people are young kids. Now I am not saying the yuong guys are stupid. Most I know are not. But some definitly are. How many 13 year olds do you think would tell you your ATV is a peice of fod to your face? Not many.
Another reason is to get attention. How many times have you seen someone post a completely stupid post like "Polaris blows chunks!"? Then, they never post again. They just sit there to watch everyone agrue about it.

Anyway, I will stick to having conversations with people like you guys. The mature one that don't care what others ride.