Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The 2006 Polaris sleds are out!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 2006 Polaris sleds are out!!

The fusions look nice, but I don't need one. I got enough stuff to play with already and don't know anyone that goes snowmobiling. Although we get alot of snow here in the mountains and Colorado is only a few hours away....
LOL elkbow. Can you ever have too many toys? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Quote:LOL elkbow. Can you ever have too many toys?

The only downside to having too many toys is deciding on what to ride.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

The only downside to having too many toys is deciding on what to ride
Ha.. Ha.. The other thing is that those toys have to be taken care of. Wash, change oil filter(4 cycle), adjust chain, tire pressure, wash, transmission oil, belts, grease.... oh did I mention WASH!!! It seems like I spend my whole life washing everthing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2005, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

I got so much stuff in the gargage now that I can't put my truck in there (okay, my superduty has 3 antenna's on top and is too long so it won't fit anyways).

I've got my ATV, two motorcycles, my ATV tow behind trailer (Otter) and my Millermatic 251 welder. I guess I still have some room if I clean up the crap. But figuring that I now bought a new ATV and Motorcycle in the last 6 months, better hold off for alittle while.

Here is a good one....a few of the instructors where I work (Kirtland AFB) ride their Harleys almost year-round. Granted, it rarely gets below 20 degree's here during the winter, rarely under 30. It has been around 40 degrees in the morning lately, but getting colder now. I see one of the guys and tell him about my new KLR and he wants to show me his Harley. It was a softail classic, nice machine. I asked him what time he came in to work in the morning, he said around 0700. I said its too damn cold to ride in now. He said 'its not bad'. I tell him that its too cold and I don't have the problem he has. He asks what I mean. I told him when I bought my KLR I didn't have to make any excuses and don't have to freeze my a$$ off riding it to work because I told the wife that it will save on gas mileage, etc. just so that I could buy it and now have to ride it to work because otherwise she would give me crap....since I'm not married.....lol.

Ok maybe I do need a Fusion....

dave

Old 02-25-2005, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

hey guys,the EFI system is long way pass outg in 06 with sleds at polaris,new DFI engines and cleanfire (SDI similar) motors will be available,a new 4 stroke twin TURBO will be also available,

let's hope for a turboquad in the few months,he,don`'t give up,
why not a dfi scrambler for 2010...

ride safe.

later,

Old 02-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Hey elkbow. I have a picture in my mind: Cool, crisp morning blazing sun, blue sky. LOL, it would be hard to resist taking the bike out on a day like that, especially if it was a warm ride home in the afternoon!! Maybe you need one of those 215 HP RXP jetskis for your warm weather area. I can see you ripping up the lake with it!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Old 02-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Hello scramblered. Not sure what your saying but the clean fire is on the 2006 (like SDI) in the 700 and 900 motors. The turbo is on the 750 4 stroke from the old watercraft department. Its also available non-turboed. These sleds are built and running. I plan to test ride them March 19 in G-aylord. Checkout the Polaris website. However, I think the DI is a dead duck. LOL, Seadoo killed their 951 DI that they had for a number of years. I guess why bother with DI when you can get the same effect with a simpler, cheaper clean fire by injecting in the transfer ports.
let's hope for a turboquad in the few months,he,don`'t give up,
LOL, can you imagine 138hp in a scrambler!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Old 02-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

From what I've read, they (Poo & Doo or anyone else) can't get the DI to work at the high rpm the sleds run. The watercraft motors are different designs from the ground up (like an outboard) and don't turn the revs that the sleds do. Since SDI is working so good now, that will give them more time to refine the DI. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they work it out. Just a few years ago, no one would have believed they'd get the results they have from SDI. Long live the mighty 2-stroke!!

Old 02-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

From what I've read, they (Poo & Doo or anyone else) can't get the DI to work at the high rpm the sleds run. The watercraft motors are different designs from the ground up (like an outboard) and don't turn the revs that the sleds do. Since SDI is working so good now, that will give them more time to refine the DI. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they work it out. Just a few years ago, no one would have believed they'd get the results they have from SDI. Long live the mighty 2-stroke!!
You're right, the DI is not quite the HP, but a 951cc DI at 130hp at 6750 is only 1300 rpm off of the biggest stock sleds 1000cc 165hp and 8000 rpm. And we should remember, the DI came out over 5 years ago. LOL, these are far from outboards. The old 670 snowmobile was basically the same as the 650 jetski. Probably the only reason the 951 doesn't spin faster and make the same hp is it has no pipes. LOL, there just is no room to put twin pipes in the boat. Now if you go to the aftermarket, they tweek the ECM of the DI to get much more HP at over 8000 rpm; so it is definitely possible. Technically there is no problem with the DI. Problem is, why use the complicated DI when the SDI works just as good?
BryceGTX

Old 02-27-2005, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, went up to the Yamafest in G-aylord MI. Got to ride the RX-1, RS Vector and RS Rage. Boy talk about wicked fast. The RX-1 is a beast!! Had all three sleds to about 95. Also rode a Skidoo 600 SDI. We needed as basis of comparison when we ride the 2006 Polaris sleds March 19. I'm getting pumped for this event [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Quick Reply: The 2006 Polaris sleds are out!!