Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Got my Ryde FX Rear Shock on the Scrambler.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Ryde FX Rear Shock on the Scrambler.

I cut apart a 250R frame and welded it into the scrambler frame. I had everything powdercoated, can't remember the exact colors though. The orange is the closest to CLEMSON orange i could get.

Thanks for the compliments.

Old 02-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

I tried to look at your pictures to see where you welded in the frame and I couldn't see very well. Would you please tell me where you cut the 250R and scrambler frames, the years, and how you welded them in. Are you concerned about jumping?

Old 02-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

I will post some better pics soon, I have about 100 pictures of the process.

At first I was concerned, but once i got to welding on it, seeing my welds, and knowing the way i put it together, i am not worried about it. I dont see how it could break. I didn't build it for weight savings, even though i did get some, i put a bunch of extra bracing in it, to be sure it would be strong.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you gonna get another silencer? love the tires are they 22's?

Old 02-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

They are 20's.

I am going to stick with the stock silencer, mine is old, i may get a newer stock one. I want the stock one to keep noise down. I wouldnt gain enough to make it worth switching for me. I hate really loud bikes.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those look big for 20's i think i woudl go wit them then...u can get a hpd one thats spark arested and quiter then stock i think

Old 02-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

I was told that the quite ones from HPD arent very good. Rick said if I am concerned with noise to just run stock.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Range Rover

Troyer copied my design for the quad except I didn't put the mounts for training wheels like he did. Ha Ha!. Anyway, it looks very similar to what I did and we can both agree that they are even more fun to ride this way. By the way John, you going to be upset that the HPD quad is kinda loud? You know you guys will be so far ahead of me you won't hear it anyway. I'm trying to save up for a GPS so I can find my way out of the woods in Hatfield![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2005, 07:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kahnman
Troyer copied my design for the quad except I didn't put the mounts for training wheels like he did. Ha Ha!. Anyway, it looks very similar to what I did and we can both agree that they are even more fun to ride this way. By the way John, you going to be upset that the HPD quad is kinda loud? You know you guys will be so far ahead of me you won't hear it anyway. I'm trying to save up for a GPS so I can find my way out of the woods in Hatfield![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Kahnman is correct, I did pretty much copy his bike. He sent me a ton of pictures and I used them alot to make mine. There are a lot of differences in ours bikes though. Mine has just the stock grab bar where as his had a place to carry his walker. Mine doesnt have the extra storage for the Centrum Silver and the Metimucil. Actually, are motors are entirley different, I have a Trail mod set-up from RCR, he actually took out the 400 motor, and installed an electric motor from a Rascal Scooter, or mobility chair if you will. I'll give him credit, the chassis design is great, and that little scooter motor got it around pretty good, but I like the power of my trail mod instead.

Kahnman has actually won a race with his bike too, I can't say that I have. Last spring at the Shady Acres retirement village, he went 2 laps around the Rec Hall in just under 4 hours, Next closest was old Mrs. Smith, she was in the lead near the end, but had an unfortunate run in with the Jello cart and was unable to finish....

GOOD JOB KAHNMAN!!!!!

Damn Hatfeild is gonna be fun!

Old 03-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

Troyer, and Kahnman
I am very interested in getting your pictures and explinations on how to do this conversion. what is your email address so I can contact you about getting this information?

I have done a Honda 350XX conversion a few years back and this would be another great project bike.

Quick Reply: Got my Ryde FX Rear Shock on the Scrambler.