Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Got my Ryde FX Rear Shock on the Scrambler.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Ryde FX Rear Shock on the Scrambler.

My email is mullaneyracing@aol.com

I plan to get all my pics onto a cd, and then i could send you one. It will be a few days, but I can get one ready.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks,
I figured out how to send a pm and I sent you one.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

Not a problem. I just need to get all the pictures in one place, so i can sort them and get them somewhat organized.

What is it that you have in mind to do?

Old 03-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

What is it that you have in mind to do?
I am not sure of your question? I would love to build a scrambler with the Honda front end like you have done. Instead of running the two stroke sport motor I would run the scrambler 500HO motor. but leave it two wheel drive. I used to race the local Hare & Hound series and an occasional motorcross. I would love to get back into the local racing scene. the automatic transmission along with the 4-stroke motor would suit me better. It also could be a good trail bike when I wasn't racing.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

I was just wondering if you had plans of turning your current bike into something, or getting a new a one or what.

I built mine with XC racing in mind, the handling of this is so much better than stock, with the unlimited possibilities of the front suspension. I may use it for some MX racing as well.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 95 trail blazer but I probably would look for a newer frame with the concentric drive. If my memory is correct the concentric models are the 98 and newer.
I agree with you on the endless possibilities for the front suspension. I was thinking about adding the long travel arms.
I have also toyed with the idea of taking the scrambler 500 motor and seeing if would fit the preditor frame.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

What I found after doing this, you can make anything fit. To mount the 500 in the pred frame, you would need to basically remake the rear section of the frame, to mount the motr and tranny, make the clutches fit. That would be even more work.

Doing the mod I did to the front, was VERY time consuming, and not easy, but not really difficult either. I just got all my pics together, I have about 150 of them. I will get them a little more sorted and send them to you.

I would say you def. need to buy a machine to use, then the R frame, then you will be ready to get started.

I enjoyed the project very much. I have actually already got another frame, this one is concentric drive, its in my shop and I am looking for another R frame so I can do it again.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

I did a 350XX conversion a few years back. I really enjoyed the build process. I altered the 300ex frame to accept the 250R suspension. The bile was awesome. I sold it last year when I was building a home. My father is a fabricator and has over 40 years experience in welding, machining, and fabricating. I usually let him do all my welding for me. I would love to have another play/trail/racing bike.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

Having someone with that much experience will make it easier. I wasn't that good at welding when I started this thing.

Old 03-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Read your report on the Ryde shock. Was wondering if you had a POC for it, website,phone # ect... I have a 02 Scrammy, jetted, filter, slip-on, chain tensioner. I'm thinking the rear shock has seen better days and was looking into getting a new one, Any info would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Got my Ryde FX Rear Shock on the Scrambler.