Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone here own a Victory?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006 | 07:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Anyone here own a Victory?

Briman - don't you know that in multiple choice questions there are at least 3 possible answers... and you left out the correct ones - Answer#3. Harley riders don't leave fellow Harley riders stranded behind. Answer#4. Respect for Fellow Harley Riders....

And, sorry to hear about your misfortune with your bike being dumped. Now I see why you have a bitterness towards HD riders....As Liam indicated, not all HD riders are like that at all... All I can say is hope there wasn't to much damage to your bike. I would have kicked the $h!T out of someone if that would have happened to me. But from personal experiance, you do have to watch who you park next to at certain biker events. Even hog riders watch out where they park at during bike runs. As in Vegas, Reno, Laughlin, Sturgis runs that I've done, if you see 10+ guys wearing that patch with wings on their back (you know who I'm talking about) you just keep looking for another spot. And even with that, not all of them are like that either... I know 2 local red&white members myself and they're not bad at all... but some just don't care for much of anyone that they don't know no matter what kind of bike you're on....

Liam, thanks for the note.... Nice king as well.....

Old 04-12-2006 | 09:53 PM
Range Rover

I hope you guys know I was just poking a little fun. No harm intended. To be honest with you if I could've afforded a Harley when I bought my new Victory I Would have gotten one instead after what I've dealt with lately. Problem was I was stuck around an $8-9000 budget at the time but wanted something American. What I didn't want is a Sporty which is all I could have gotten for that kind of coin. The one thing I learned the hard way is the Victory dealer network sucks where I live. The closest dealer to where I live is over 2 hours away. This might not be a problem to some who live closer to a dealer but to me it is a problem. Another thing that pisses me off is they won't even take my bike on trade towards a newer one. Nice loyalty huh? Not all dealers are that way but the ones close to me are and it really has irked me lately. If I wasn't in the market for a new house due to our family business being for sale, I'd go get me a new H-D right now. I need to keep some money in the bank for those reasons unfortunately. I really like my Victory but if their customer service and dealers don't get their heads out of their ***** around where I live, they will have one less rider. Don't judge your decisions on my misfortunes though as some guys I have talked to on the forums have great dealers. Any yes alot of my buddies ride hogs and they would give you their shirt off their back. And yes if I ever caught the ones who harmed my bike, I woulda done a tapdance on their heads as I'm not a small boy at 6 ft 215lbs. My bike didn't get damaged but my back damn near did......ever try picking up a 650 lb. bike by yourself? Hope this clears things up some, Brian

Old 04-12-2006 | 11:30 PM
Range Rover

I almost bought the Hammer last year, this time. That bike is MINT!! Victory's are just like their ATV's: braided steel brake lines from the factory, solid construction, loads of power....has all the stuff you'd have to buy anyway on any other bike.

I bought my first Harley last year after passing on the Hammer, due to the ARROGANT dealer nearby (he wouldn't budge on the price, then has the ***** to say "where else you gonna go?"....ANYWHERE but HERE... C-YA F-'n Later!!!)

Anyways, being new to the Harley thing, I'll tell ya.... every thing s9195 said is true.

I was helping my buddy move one day last year, and was following him with my truck (loaded with his stuff) to his new house. It was F'ing FREEZING out, & he had no gloves. A guy pulls up next to him in a pickup with HD stickers on the back, and handed him a pair of gloves.......I was sold!!!

And did I mention the WOMEN??? They go NUTS over Harley's!! I never even got a second look when I owned my CBR600, the whole 8 years I had it!!! (I'm married, but it's still great!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] )

My Night Train is a tank at almost 700lbs w/a full tank of gas, but I was surprized at how balanced & nimble it was for a big heavy machine. Luxury!!

I have no baffles in mine, & it sets off car alarms in a 1 mile radius [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] , I speed past cops who would have pulled me over on my Honda, & I get constant compliments from EVERYONE --- young, old, blue-collar, white-collar, EVERYONE!!

It's not about quarter-mile times, or power- to- weight ratios. It's about the RESPECT. THE BROTHERHOOD!!

I'll NEVER go back!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2006 | 03:56 AM
Pro Rider

Briman - no harm taken..... trust me.. I know how it is to buy a new house.... we're in the process of trying to buy a new place with 7 acers here in the central coast of CA. And, my wifes in realestate... I live and breath it daily.... Hope it all works out for you....

Smitty4 - you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about Brother..... it's not just a bike.. it's truely a way of life...... and until you experience it others wouldn't know...... and then you had to bring up the women..... ah geezzzzzzz... My wife makes me take off the pillion (passenger seat to those of you that don't know)..... when I go to runs w/out her..... the funny thing is that biker babes don't really care if you have a seat or NOT! ! ! They still wanna ride.... and thongs don't stratch paint..... I found that 2300 RPM's gets me a tighter hug.... Gotta love them biker babes...... I can't wait till Laughlin on the 26th of this month.....

Old 04-13-2006 | 07:14 AM
Range Rover

Great posting....and nobody got murdered and mutilated[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2006 | 08:36 PM
Trailblazer

hey briman where are you at. Im in sioux city and your dealer sounds like mine. the polaris dealer in sioux city just dropped the vics so now we have a shot at gettting a good dealer. the dealer here never advertised them at all and didnt know squat about them then wondered why they couldnt sell them. if your around here try d and j in omaha they are great to work with. ive also had good experiece with the dealer in ankeny. im having a shifter issue and he offered me some parts off of bikes that had been upgraded, for free. they seem like decent guys.

Old 04-14-2006 | 02:03 AM
Range Rover

I'm in the far Eastern part of the state near the Wisconsin/Illinois border. Totally the opposite side of the state from you. I just noticed tonight though that a new dealer opened up within about an hour and 15 minutes away from me in Waterloo. I saw this doing the find a dealer search on Polaris' website. After a ride tonight, I noticed that a spring or screw came loose in my headlight assembly and I now have a spotlight aiming up into the trees. Since my bike is still warrantied till Feb. of 2008, I will take it to them to give them a try and have them change my oil while their at it. The name is King Racing and I believe that it's owned by AMA Flattrack National #80 Rich King who's a Factory Harley Davidson rider as he's from there. I've been following Dirttrack racing since I was about 5 years old so I'm hoping things will be looking up. I know he's a great guy as I've spoken to him many times at races so hopefully his dealership is also. Wish me luck, Brian