Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone here own a Victory?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005 | 03:48 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Anyone here own a Victory?

Anyone on the forums got one? I was wondering what everyone "in the know" thinks of the Victory motorcycles.

Old 03-01-2005 | 03:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sorry, I own the "real deal"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2005 | 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

I own one

Old 03-01-2005 | 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

I own a HD but a Victory could just as easily be my next bike purchase !

Old 03-01-2005 | 07:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

those victory's are sweet, they look just like the freeways on GTA Vice City[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2006 | 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

I have been looking at Harley's, and today I went and checked out the Victory Bikes. Mainly the Vegas Jackpot, Hammer, and Vegas. The Hammer and Jackpot have a FAT rear tire (250mm) or 10" wide!, Massive! They had some awesome paint schemes. The ones I looked at were 1634cc or 100 cu in. Haven't heard much good or bad about them, but the ones I mentioned were pretty nice.

Old 04-09-2006 | 12:03 AM
Range Rover

I own one as you can see by my signature. I have one of the 1st year made ones. They have since updated the engines on them in 2002. It's a nice bike. Built like a tank, (same as their atvs). They also have more power stock vs. stock against a Harley. I haven't had any problems with mine other than somehow my fuel gauge sending unit rod got bent at the factory and on my first ride I ran out of gas. It has loads of power....mine is currently 99 ft lbs of torque and about 80 hp at the rear wheel. Some guy up in Minnesota can upgrade my engine for only 1800 bucks and claims I will be getting 120 ft lbs and 110 hp at the wheel without any nos or turbos just naturally aspired. He also claims it will not affect the reliability in any way. It ups the compression and displacement goes up to around 1700 cc along with a new cam. I may just get that kit this winter. Might be kinda hard to hang on then. I bought mine brand new in Feb. of 2003 with a 5 year warranty for only $7999.00. I traded in my Yamaha R6 on it and haven't looked back. Check out www.thevmc.com for a great forum. Very helpful people there and if you use the search most of your questions are probably already answered. Brian PS if you're going to buy a Harley thinking the resale value is tops better look out. The market is getting so flooded with them that within a few years their resale will be going down the toilet. This is a known fact and even my local H-D dealers have said this. Brian

Old 04-09-2006 | 01:36 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry, I own the "real deal
Spoken like a true owner of driveway jewlery. The real deal is owning a bike (any bike) and riding!

They also have more power stock vs. stock against a Harley
Where this is true, dont take this wrong cause I like the Victory line, but thats not saying much. My wife rides an 86 Honda V45 (700cc) that will not only outrun, out handle, and out live any factory Harley thats 20 years newer! Including their "BIG" 88CI modles. The only one it wont outrun is the V-rod (its very close) but thats not really a harley (porsche made) now is it. And when it comes to those I take care of them witrh my V65!
They are very nice bikes, a buddy of mine works at a Victory Dealer in Lansing MI. He said that they had a some issues with the first couple years they started making them, but have been since worked out. I have been considering these myself!

Old 04-09-2006 | 01:53 AM
Range Rover

This is true in the entire motorcycle world. But if you have doubt check out Text and look at the dyno numbers. Then call him and ask him what is what. Better yet call your local H-D shop and ask them. If they say their bike they either are dumbarses or are lying for a sale. The Victory engine isn't ancient technology like the H-D is. Sure you can make a H-D fast but their reliability sucks. Their stock bikes need a rebuild at 15-20 thousand miles on the top end so whats gonna happen to one modded? They list on the H-D website the torque is 80 something ft lbs. Not to sound like I love my bike but facts are facts. Their out there and when I find more I'll post em. And yes her V-45 as it appears on her side panel no doubt probably would smoke a new Victory also. It's a V-4 vs a V-twin and a few hundred lbs difference. What that bike will never have is the 100 + lbs of foot torque. Once you ride something like that you're hooked. Like you said though the early ones did have problems but most of mine were already fixed when I got my bike in 03. Brian

Old 04-09-2006 | 07:40 AM
Range Rover

Have never owned a Victory but like the looks of them. I have heard pros and cons. A good place to get more info would be to sign in to a place called, "HDForums.com", type in Victory in their search column, and read. This is a great forum and not biased against other brands of motorcycles. There are some pretty smart people doing research on technical problems and such. Take a moment and check it out. Oh, by the way, I really love my Harley....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Anyone here own a Victory?