Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What is Polaris waiting for?!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is Polaris waiting for?!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll wait til they put 4x4 on the V to look at it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (well you did say we were dreaming, right?)

Old 03-17-2005, 02:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

**** and one hand and dream/wish in the other.....;

The atv industry does listen too us...but weather or not they will respond is a different story...take the reverse on the pred...it happend...but still no 450 out

Old 03-17-2005, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

I do understand the industry a little. If someone came out with the perfect atv, all their other models would go belly up. And of course the old addage you can't please every body all the time. But why can't they just please me?!!!LOL

Old 03-17-2005, 03:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
It took Polaris 18 years to create a purpose built 2wd sport quad instead of a scrambler without the front differential. The Scrambler 500 has been out for 8 years, the 400 a few years more. The only reason we saw the 500 was because of Cali's 2 stroke laws, Polaris doesnt seem too concerned with the innovation of the sport atv market, so I wouldnt hold my breath. But its a nice thing to dream about, just like more 450 quads and a suzuki or honda big bore sport. In the meantime, I suggest the KFX700. Kawi will have EFI for the v-twin in a couple years and then you can slap it on a KFX700 and go.

I wouldn't say that , with the demise of the PWC division they are going to concentrate more on ATVs and sleds (which is obvious with all the '06 releases).
Lets just hope they spend a little more money and R&D on the quads.
Polaris wont rest on their morals, they are proactive and have upgraded the pred every year and same with the Sportsman line the last 4 years running.

I'm looking for a 300-400cc Predator and a big bore Scrammy to be released in the next couple of years. IMO.
I think they are going to shake things up.

Jim

Old 03-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

I'm looking for a 300-400cc Predator and a big bore Scrammy to be released in the next couple of years. IMO.
I second that. What are they waiting for? Everyone else has sport quads of all sizes. They really need to offer a more broad sport quad line up. And no Taiwan bullsh*t either. I'm thinking they should make the current Predator a 450 race quad and make a 650 and a 350 or 400.

I wonder when they are going to redesign the Scrambler already too. It's a great quad now but it still has soo much potential. If they put some thought into a new design then we're talking a quad that could totally dominate the sport 4x4 market.

Old 03-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

Ha..Ha.. Fishlab. Yup, that would make an awsome quad. 135 hp!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
That engine first appeared in the Polaris jetskis in 2003. Something totally new, OHC 4 valves. Even the non-turbo engine would be a big boost on a quad. I understand it puts out about 80hp.
BryceGTX

Old 03-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

You see, that's what I'm talking about. Give us dirty guys some HP. Only the clean sports get the good stuff.LOL

Old 03-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

BMW has a prototype with a 1130 cc motorcyle engine. The test pilot chickened out at 120 mph. they are also experimenting with a 1.3 litre engine that puts out 1100 hp, big enough?

Old 03-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I guess ya lost me with the "Polaris doesn't care about the sport market" comment. Hmmm, two versions of the Pred....no, wait. The new limited makes it 3. Added reverse, and those perfectly tuned TLD shocks. Dropped a quarter mill on GNCC sponsorship, and now signed a Pro and launched a website for him......seems like an awful lot goin' on for "them not to care about the sport quads". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and if ya need 450cc, they offer a kit. lol

Yes, the turbo would be way cool...I'd be the first to mod one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: modquad
I guess ya lost me with the "Polaris doesn't care about the sport market" comment. Hmmm, two versions of the Pred....no, wait. The new limited makes it 3. Added reverse, and those perfectly tuned TLD shocks. Dropped a quarter mill on GNCC sponsorship, and now signed a Pro and launched a website for him......seems like an awful lot goin' on for "them not to care about the sport quads". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and if ya need 450cc, they offer a kit. lol

Yes, the turbo would be way cool...I'd be the first to mod one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The LTD is just a TLD with new colors and the std transmission (becuase the TLD trans isnt as desireable), why dont you go ahead and call the dale jr a new model too. What exactly does the pred race in? Bomb has the desert, Zuki and the honda and yammi 450's have the mx track. The pred runs gncc becuase its too heavy and underpowered on the mx track even in 500cc form, if you throw the 450 kit on there you are at even more of a disadvantage.

The pred is a great machine, but its only one model and its not a racer either. Polaris is starting out, but they have a long way to go before they can be compared with other manufacturers. Thier first and only true sport quad in 18 years of business and another 2 years of redesigns makes it 20, and they just now throw a dime towards sport quad racing. Yamaha has 2 manual sport quads that are almost that old. Somehow I think that shows a pretty good history of not paying too much attention to the sport market.

Quick Reply: What is Polaris waiting for?!!!!!!!!!!!