Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What is Polaris waiting for?!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is Polaris waiting for?!!!!!!!!!!!

Len, now if they had offered it to start out with you would not have all this work to do, and could be out riding. They are just making life hard on guys like you. LOL This was meant to be a "wouldn't it be cool" thread with a lot of tongue and cheek. And let me tell oyu what you are doing is VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2005, 01:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: modquad
Hmmm, so that podium finish for Mr. Smiley was on one of those "non-competitive Predators". When was the last time BRP even ran a GNCC. Yes, they're great quads....in the desert. Go read up on the TLD Pred, inform yourself, then come back and we can have an intelligent coversation. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Better yet, go ride the machine, and stop listening to what other people say....form your own opinion.
I've been on the pred, and as I've said its a great consumer machine. It's just not a racer. I'm not listening to what others say, I'm speaking from what I see.

One podium finish in almost three years and you're cocky? BRP has its niche, and so do the 450 quads. The pred is in GNCC because it cant be competitive anywhere else. It took the largest pred ever built to get Rath to a flattrack win, and he is an excellent rider.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

We will see this year with Smily and others![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2005, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jimk72
The reason I don't like the front end, is I hit a tree comming around a corner and it about ripped the one a arm off. I was going slow, didn't even get thrown, and I had to replace the a arm, and rebuild the a arm mount. as for the rear, My buddies scrammy has the fox rear shock and it holds up great when I sit on it. They should have never changed it in 04.

I have ridden many quads and the scrammy does ride nice compared to most sport quads, I did my research and the scrammy was the only one that fit all my needs.

Like I said I love my scrammy, just wish the landings were a little better. Im sure after market shocks would do the trick, just little short on cash(putting wife through school).
Jim, you can always upgrade your front and rear suspentions. I agree, they should have kept the fox rear.

I did the same (tree) with my scrammy and no damage whatsoever.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

I've been on the pred, and as I've said its a great consumer machine. It's just not a racer. I'm not listening to what others say, I'm speaking from what I see.
I might agree with you except for the fact that I highly doubt that any serious racing quad is totally stock. I suspect there is big money pumped into these quads. The only thing I as a "consumer rider" can do is compare stock quads. Given that, seems there are very few (if any) stock quads better than the Predator.
JMO
BryceGTX

Old 03-18-2005, 03:20 AM
Trailblazer

ok before i state the fact i know im going to get spit on bashed what ever by polaris guys but what is the matter with polaris they make a 500cc pred and it barely holds up to my 400ex i mean damn it should run a thousand circles around the ex but all the polaris preds ive raced have been beaten bye my ex and if u look at my mods that is pathetic if u ask me i raced one last summer with whith brothers pipe not sure if it was jetted but i race it about 300 yards and beat him it was just a friendly fun race but i beat him what went wrong with the pred we both took off from 1st gear just putted to second then naild the gas but i out ran him dont make no sence to me at all and also is it just the ones i see or all but the pred sounds like it is ready to fall apart the motor makes the worst clanking sound i have ever seen but that was a 02 and 03 model so any way clear up my data i just put on the board please

Old 03-18-2005, 04:07 AM
Pro Rider

I think you may have been racing a Predator 90. LOL

Old 03-18-2005, 04:13 AM
Pro Rider

Tailgunner a Pred will destroy a 400 EX, a lot depends on the rider. Hell, I will beat your EX with my 400 Scrambler!
The 500 Pred is faster than a 660 (Raptor), both stock.

Old 03-18-2005, 04:49 AM
Trailblazer

like i said i knew i was going to be bashed u polaris guys cant take the truth if it slpaed u in the mouth by the way the day a scrambler beats me in a drag race kick my nutz and call my mommy lol cause that **** will never haven unless i miss 2nd and 3rd gear but either way i did beat the 500 i was just asking u a$$ hole pred owners why i was able to beat that pred 500 so dont go off the edge next time someone other than a polaris owner says they beat a polaris product ..... if u read my original post u can see that even i dont know why i was able to beat that pred im not some pric that thanks that just because i own a honda i can out run the world in a race even though the scrambler dont even come close to a 300ex a$$ hole pric but any way i apoligise to u polaris owners who misread my post and i want an ohnest answer it seemed to me that the pred i raced was not runnuing like it should plus it sounded like it was on its last tank of gas like all the other preds ive seen but ive heard nothing but decent reveiws on the 500 pred so are ohio selling bad preditors or what

Old 03-18-2005, 05:08 AM
Trailblazer

fishlab and jimmy im sorry for what i just posted i am drunk and i read ur post and it pissed me off at the time so i flew off the handle and called u guys names i am saying im sorry so dont get mad at what i said and i really did beat the 500 pred and just wanted to know what went wrong cause i know i a pred 500 should be able to run a lap around a ex and also the pred's ive heard around here sond like crap and wanted to know what was up with that so in sorry for my comints

Quick Reply: What is Polaris waiting for?!!!!!!!!!!!