Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Slow down....crash....Brooooken leg

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow down....crash....Brooooken leg

Originally posted by: fishing
Sat evning I was watching my son ride his ttr 90 and my daughter ride her kfx 80 around the yard. She and my son were racing around the track at our house and were only wearing there helmets since they were just joy riding. Well as the heat of the competitiion grew so did the speed. On the last lap as they flew by at mock 9 nine I yelled sloowww doowwnn. It did no good and I watched my daughter fly threw the corner and right into the fence.

After 4 hours in the emergency room, My daughter was released with a broken leg and a few cuts and brusies. The only question she had was DID I WIN?????
i see i am furtur racer there...lol

Old 03-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fishing
Sat evning I was watching my son ride his ttr 90 and my daughter ride her kfx 80 around the yard. She and my son were racing around the track at our house and were only wearing there helmets since they were just joy riding. Well as the heat of the competitiion grew so did the speed. On the last lap as they flew by at mock 9 nine I yelled sloowww doowwnn. It did no good and I watched my daughter fly threw the corner and right into the fence.

After 4 hours in the emergency room, My daughter was released with a broken leg and a few cuts and brusies. The only question she had was DID I WIN?????
oops, i meant to say, " i see a future racer there..." my bad.lol.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: modquad
I have to give you the parent of the year award.

1) You had your kids wearing helmets.

2) You were directly supervising their ATV riding.

Yes, accidents happen, that's very unfortunate. Glad to hear she's o.k.....and the competitive spirit lives on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I really like hearing about responsible parents and kids sharing these great machines. Like the others have stated, they're great quality time tools.

Godspeed in the healing.
I agree, I see to many people riding without helmets these days. I don't care if there young or old. my wifes mother and I were out in the woods riding one day and she decided to take the corner a bit fast and slammed on the brakes and hit a large tree. I had to bend the handle bars back a bit and remove a large tree branch from the radiator guard but we still ended up telling the old man. she did not have a helmet on and I did (I always wear my helmet even if I am just joy riding around the yard) the first thing she said was that she should have been wearing her helmet and I said YEP, I don't leave home without it.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

It saddens me to here of a kid getting banged up on a 4-wheeler . I hear these stories all the time at work . When I was younger I could not wait for my eldest son to go riding with me , he was about 7 or 8 , what a fool I was .

I know this may offend some folks out there , but in my opinion kids under the age of 12 have no business operating an ATV . PERIOD . I damn near got my eldest killed when he was little , and all because I wanted him to go out with me and have fun . I have heard all the talk *Jr just loves to ride his 4- wheeler --- he is really good at it too !!* . I hear the stories on a weekly basis , kids getting hurt . Boys ,,, we don't have to learn everything the hard way .

Rick Ritter

PS Fishing , I suspect your kids are over 12 from the machines they are on , I am not picking at you I promise . Just being in this business I see a lot of stuff happen that could be avoided and I like to chime in with my view when I can . I hope your little girl heals fast and comfortably .

Old 03-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i will second that RickRitter. i agree 100%

Silverbullet2005- just wondering what type of helmet you wear. i try, really try to wear a helmet and i just can't find one that is comfortable or doesn't restrict my vision or hearing. in fact, i own 6 helmets! LOL!

the only one that is remotely comfortable is the OLDEST one! and least safe! i think i bought it in the late 70ies.

FISHING, sorry to hear about your daughter. i sincerely hope she heals quickly and rides safe. may God be with them always.

-MT

Old 03-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

sorry rick but I have to disagree (and sorry fishing for stealing the thread)

when I was 12 I was already at least 5' 6"....now put a full grown adult female on one of them, and tell her that is what she has to ride from now on...not going to happen. I am sure there will always be some disagrement on this issue. Modquad thinks he did the right thing, and rick sees it different. my little brother is 8 almost 9 and for his 8th bday he was givin a 90 magnum...or sportsman which ever it is. The govener was recently taken off of it, but the throtal screw is still in it. Incremintation will make the kids realize what there limitations are....or what the adults think it is.

Old 03-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

mtpockets- I wear a HJC AC-X2 chromium helmet during summer and have no problems with comfort. it has a removable liner which can be washed in the washing machine and air vents to keep you cool during the hot months. during winter I wear a beiffe full face which I got from dennis kirk. not a bad helmet but it fogs up. that's what I get for not buying the HJC fullface like originally wanted(wife nagged about the price so I got the cheap one). in the long run I should have just ordered the HJC which was only like $30 more and I would have been alot more impressed with it I bet. my summer helmet retails for about $249.99 but man is it comfortable. I can remember growing up when I was younger and I hated wearing helmets because they were not comfortable and made my head itch, I bet I would have wore a helmet more if I would have had a nicer helmet that actually fit me growing up. here is a link to the helmet I own. I have the chrome red version.

http://www.hjchelmets.com/acx2_chromium.htm#

Old 03-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

mtpockets, what part of ma. are u from?

Old 03-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

garrett5462 check your PM.

silverbullet2005, thank-you VERY much! i'll check-out that link.

-MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2005, 09:52 AM
2c3
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: silverbullet2005
mtpockets- I wear a HJC AC-X2 chromium helmet during summer and have no problems with comfort. it has a removable liner which can be washed in the washing machine and air vents to keep you cool during the hot months. during winter I wear a beiffe full face which I got from dennis kirk. not a bad helmet but it fogs up. that's what I get for not buying the HJC fullface like originally wanted(wife nagged about the price so I got the cheap one). in the long run I should have just ordered the HJC which was only like $30 more and I would have been alot more impressed with it I bet. my summer helmet retails for about $249.99 but man is it comfortable. I can remember growing up when I was younger and I hated wearing helmets because they were not comfortable and made my head itch, I bet I would have wore a helmet more if I would have had a nicer helmet that actually fit me growing up. here is a link to the helmet I own. I have the chrome red version.

http://www.hjchelmets.com/acx2_chromium.htm#
you can buy the anti fogging spray at your dealer for 5 dollars and it works great. i use it on my goggles. i wear a mojave pv helmet open face with chin gaurd and it fits and feels great and was only $69.

Quick Reply: Slow down....crash....Brooooken leg