Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

race or trail lightened????

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default race or trail lightened????

Originally posted by: Bubba297
I used the pull start for a long time with no ill effects. Polaris only gets about $17 for the pull rope with handle. Put a new one on it and save the old one as a spare if it bothers you. The race lighten responds VERY fast and helps out a lot. Shawn, not only will you gain power and acceleration, it will allow you to shed about 12lbs of weight, and those bikes need all they can get. Even my alky bike would start on the first pull 90% of the time. CED and Polarisfreak both have their's done as well as many others and they will tell you that it is no big deal.
Man if I did anything else to my bike right now with it running so good Trinna would kill me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shawn, time for a nice shiny race pipe for the Mrs. too. Of course if you do that then she will have ALL the attention. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Scott, for now the flywheel would be very easy to do and not be very expensive, but you will still notice a nice gain. Considering that the 250 lacks some bottom end compared to the 400's it should be a nice addition to your mods. And also then you could ditch the battery and starter and lighten it up too.

Old 03-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

The only time pull starting sucks is when your at the drags and you move only a little bit at a time and some little kid on a yfz says man you need to get something with electric start![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It is a very noticeable difference! Hpd now offers for 12 dollars a larger pull handle that makes pull starting easier. I think I will invest in one of those, the extra 30 psi of compression the powermaxx has is a little tougher to pull or maybe I'm just getting old!

Old 03-24-2005, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

Get the race race lightened flywheel. It makes a huge difference in throttle response.

Old 03-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Call me a wimp, but I had mine race lightened and after awhile I put my starter back on. It was too hard to start when I would be sitting at the hill at the dunes and wanting to get in a race real quick. By the time I got my bike started the race would be over. When I put my started back on I didnt notice that much difference.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1fastpolaris
Call me a wimp, but I had mine race lightened and after awhile I put my starter back on. It was too hard to start when I would be sitting at the hill at the dunes and wanting to get in a race real quick. By the time I got my bike started the race would be over. When I put my started back on I didnt notice that much difference.
you didnt notice much difference huh?thats funny seeing as the difference from a trail to a race lightened flywheel is like going from stock to a trail lightened..so are you a wimp or is the azbadboyz motor that hard to start?seems like all the others start first or second pull..

Old 03-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Are you trying to funny or you just being a smart a$$$$$$$$.

Old 03-25-2005, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

im just trying to figure out why you would say there isnt much difference between the trail & race lightening,the difference is night and day..

Old 03-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Range Rover

I think he was saying that he put the starter back on, not that he went back to a trail flywheel.

Old 03-25-2005, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

if he put the starter back on,that means he has either a stock or trail lightened flywheel..you cant run the race lightened flywheel and still use the starter..

Quick Reply: race or trail lightened????