Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

race or trail lightened????

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default race or trail lightened????

im planning on gettin my flywheel lightened soon. i cant decide whether losing my starter is worth it? i know its super easy to pull start. so give me your opinions.
scott

Old 03-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

I sure like my Trail Lightened flywheel. It revs a lot faster than stock. I'm lazy I guess I like the convienence of the electric start. If weight loss is a must for you then you can lose the starter too. I know you knew that anyway Scott.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

ya i sure do like my electric start, mostly thats that reason i got it instead of a blaster, and now im thinkin of tossin it away lol? i think ill jsut get the trail lightened flywheel and a starter brush rebuild kit. since mine sticks in cold weather. thanks
scott

Old 03-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lose the starter.............. be a man![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I cant believe Shawn hasnt dont it yet....... but notice I said yet.

Old 03-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

When they drop I'll get rid of the starter.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

is there a huge differenec between the trail and race lightened bubba? u got me thinkin again.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't get rid of the starter. My brushing were bad in my starter so I used the pull start method until my rebuild kit arrived. Low and behold I was out on a ride and went to pull start my bike and snap. I was left holding the rope so to say. Keep the electric start and lose weight somewhere else.

Old 03-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the pull start for a long time with no ill effects. Polaris only gets about $17 for the pull rope with handle. Put a new one on it and save the old one as a spare if it bothers you. The race lighten responds VERY fast and helps out a lot. Shawn, not only will you gain power and acceleration, it will allow you to shed about 12lbs of weight, and those bikes need all they can get. Even my alky bike would start on the first pull 90% of the time. CED and Polarisfreak both have their's done as well as many others and they will tell you that it is no big deal.

Old 03-23-2005, 11:23 PM
CED
Pro Rider

The race lightened flywheel is quiet a difference over the trail lightened one.It revs alot faster,and like Bubba said the weight difference in removing the starter and the battery is very big.Mine starts on one or two pulls everytime,the only downside is that my right arm is a little bigger than the other.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

well what would i see the most gain from, a race port or race lightened flywheel. im gonna get a 34mm carb sometime soon. my porting right now is very mild. i know the reed mod is the best deal but for the money i would rather just race port it. and i am going to clutch it fairly high anyway. i plan on using an hpd red spring and S55 weights. do u think the 55s will fully shift out the red? if it wont i could always get a red yellow spring.
scott

Quick Reply: race or trail lightened????