Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Dead horse run, Clam lake, WIS.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead horse run, Clam lake, WIS.

BigcountryWI, Thanks for the information, and i noticed on the mn dnr website, that theres conflicting information about trail opening dates too. I wish they would have one spot for all the correct trail information.
Be prepared for alot of company at black river , lots of quads from ill go there opening weekend.

Old 05-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Trailblazer

Hopefully not too many riders, since were going on a monday-wednesday. I contacted Jackson County today, and they advised that the trails are groomed, no whoops.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Floodrunner,
If you've been going up there for years, than you must also know where the Bear Casers" is at the south end of Island lake. My
friend Bob has hunted bear with Richard the owner for years and even helped him build the Bar. My other friend Ryan, Bob's oldest
son tended bar for Richard a short time ago while he was going to college in Ashalnd. ***** let me use his welder last summer once to
fix my broken trailer. Boy what a small worls it is! We were up there riding on saturday, but the only crew we saw were some
younger guys at the Bear chasers, who were all riding Honda's. I have the same fears about Iron county as you! Last fall they Improved
the logging road to our cabin (Kramer lake road, or trail 8) north of Mercer so much that I bet you could land a jet plane on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] It was like we were driving down the wrong road. I just couldn't understand why or whou would fund such a project. At the time, the only
thing that made sense was the local Realters, as many of the cabins around the now almost dry Kramer lake are for sale. But it sounds
like not only the realters are behind the horeing out of beautiful Iron County to the PHIBS from down below. Don't they realize by
making it more appealing to, and selling off the land to the leaf looker/tree huggers and wolf wanters from the big cities in the end the
local people will be the ones who will suffer. No more money from the Atver's and hunters. Yet the outrageous gas prices they have and
the extremely taxes do to inflated real estate prices will remain! along with the low wage jobs they already have.