Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

why so many problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why so many problems?

Haha. this thread is funny.
To say that all the japanese brands are great and polaris is junk is just stupid. I could go into stories telling how well mine have held up but there's no point.

I will admit hondas are dang near bullet proof and there the only dirt bike i'll own.

But polaris has proven them selfs as an A+ Utility atv maker. and look at the Predator it's proven polaris can hold there own.

If you like honda great, i do to. but don't go around making fun of other peoples rides. Go find a nice tool shed somewhere where you can be alone with your atv and you can sit there and haha you get the idea.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

You have had problems,but your missing the point. They all have problems and lemons. My buddies have had a hard time with breakdowns on the Kawasaki. 700 750 650 360 . all have had numerous problems all new bikes 2004-2005 but are all Kawasaki junk. no they are not

Old 04-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: deerbuster
you know what guys there just 4wheelers lets get over it and quit harrassing people about each others atv's we all have our opinions....
You started it, buddy. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Larry

Old 04-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

yea i probaly did get a lemon... but the fact EVERY single polaris here has broken down in some way, the smallest breakdown being a steering post. thats enough influence for me not to get another.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Range Rover

No, not every one, My 800 is kicking ****, no problems, just gets faster and stronger with every ride, I ride with all makes of atv's, none go anywhere the 800 can't, but the 800 goes many places with ease they struggle on. just got a recall notice on the honda 450 foremans, tie rod ends , may fall off and cause a crash, kawasaki brute has the same recall, suzuki kq reverse blows out, everything can have a problem, griz's break axels left and right, all brands have growing pains, the companies are backing up their products, so get what you like best and work out the bugs and have fun.... or sit in your rocker on the porch and bitch, LOL

Old 04-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Gopher500
yea i probaly did get a lemon... but the fact EVERY single polaris here has broken down in some way, the smallest breakdown being a steering post. thats enough influence for me not to get another.

if every one in the area is breaking down, its probebly the dealers fault, as they assemble them. i live in a rural area were the people that own and operate our local polaris dealer are good'ole boys, so everything is put together right, and your taken care of with southern hospitality.

i think the only person you can blame on this one is the dealer

ive had 2 polaris, 1 honda and a yamaha

both polaris's have been good to me and i still have them. the 500's ball joint wore out prematurely because of a bad seal, has 5000 miles and is still tickin. the other is an 800 and is my personal quad and it has served me well in every asperation so far, even jumping it (and it jumps good)

the honda is a XR250R dirtbike, nothing has ever went wrong with it exept for a rough breakin, and lastly my old yamaha 125 dirtbike, that thing was a great bike, awesome engine, and that bike has served me well, i just sold it, cold starts were the worst, but tough good bike. all came from good'ole boy shops and all were assembled excellently.

my best bet would be to maybe buy from somwere else

sorry mate

Old 04-16-2005, 07:46 AM
Pro Rider

spyder, weve purchase from 3 different dealers, not the same. the customer service varies from different dealers, but they all broke down in some way...

Old 04-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the managers of those stores must like sour things... (lemons)

Old 04-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

If Polaris is so bad, how come the military uses them in Iraq. They have extra armor underneath. One hit a land mine and damaged the quad ,but soldier was fine. Repaired the machine, new front axle , etc. and tne machine was put back into service.

Old 04-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: deerbuster
whats rong with all these polaris atv's having so many replacements fuel pumps cables throttle body? whats the deal i had a yamaha for 6 years and nothiong had to be replaced but the brakes and 1 light bulb in the front thats it and i have had my 04 foreman now for 10 months and not had one problem with starting in cold weather or anything AND i have 3,439 miles on it? and i put both of them through everthing.
My friend had three of the Polaris's and everyone of them the starters went bad cost alot of $$$ junk pure junk, if you get one better be a 500 preddy one of my other friends have one of them no problems.

Quick Reply: why so many problems?