Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Off Topic: Bad Ebay Deal

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Topic: Bad Ebay Deal

Maybe one of you guys can give me some advise. I sold a restored antique tractor for my father-in-law on ebay. Well the guy gets the tractor and calls me about a week later to tell me he thinks I mis-represented the tractor and wants me to send him 500 bucks or he'll file a claim with ebay and possibly get an attorney and sue me. WTF?? Well number one he bought a tractor that was probaly worth 2500 bucks for 1700, and number two he doesn't like the fact that their is a little play in the steering, and the brakes arn't 100 percent...my god this tractor is 60 years old, what does he expect? Another thing is I told him the tires had almost full tread and were weather checked and he thinks they are weather checked more than I told him...WTF?? Should I be scared of a lawsuit or ebay or is he just trying to scare me into paying him? Anyone else have a similar experience? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

ive had problems with ebay b4 but none like that...sry i cant help but do u have anymore pictures of ur LE250??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer

well I whould say no be nice but firm appolize for the way he feels but a refund is not on the way and he should of done more than bidding and should have came by and taken a look before any bidding was done I know I have done the same and it is called live and learn!! good luck I don't think he can have ebay do anything to you that you can't have done to him!! on this matter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

I would say hes trying to scare you. He should have made the decision not to take it when he came and picked it up.

Old 04-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He picked it up so he could have backed out then.But about all he can do is leave negitive feedback.Some people cant be pleased.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

I would not worry about it. Just tell him that to the best of your judgement you described it as best you could, and if he feels differently then he should have checked things out more before buying it. He is just trying to scare you so he can have some money back. The steering and brakes???????? WTF is he gonna drive the flippin thing on a farm for work????????

Old 04-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Actually he lives over a thousand miles away. I was also nice enough to haul it 250 miles to a guy that he hired to haul it to him. I should tell him that he owes me for hauling it 250 miles, I know it cost me over 100 bucks in gas alone not to mention it ate up a whole saturday!!! You try to help people out and this is what you get![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2005, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Extreme, I was going to get it out today and get some better pics but forgot all about it, sorry. I'll do it tomorrow nite after work though.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

sweet!! ever since if heard about them ive been dien to see them..i dont get why polaris doesnt put them on their site?? i mean there a special model of that quad..like u look at the pred and it will let u look at the TLD model but not the LE model for the TB..sweet tho, cant wait to see the pics[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2005, 02:14 AM
Range Rover

well if you sold it as is in the listing,he does'nt have a leg to stand on.....really either way he does not have a leg to stand on you should be ok all you should tell him are four little letters.....SAYL Sorry About Your Luck............PAL!!!!!

Quick Reply: Off Topic: Bad Ebay Deal