Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Motor Building Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Building Video

Hey Guys. I was just out in my shop, thinking of things I want to do to the quad. I was going to have Rick re-build my crank when I did all the motor work, but it seemed fine so I didn't do it. I will have to sometime though. I haven't been into the bottom end though, so heres what I was thinking....

What if someone made a video of how to do different things to these 400 motors. You know, like the shows on tv where they work on cars, like that. I know that I dindt know anything about these when I started, and the manual helps, but seeing it would have helped a lot more.
They sell videos of those 30 minute shows for $20 or more, I know I would have paid more than that for one before I started my work. Heck, I would buy one know if someone made one.

What do you guys think?

Old 04-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

u might be onto something there...hell why dont u start a production line[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

also i have a ? about how u cut ur fenders..did u just leave ur rears alone? or just trim them alittle? i plan to cut mine soon and i have my fronts figured out but the thing is i dont want to cut my exhaust pipe cover or remove it..

Old 04-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

If I had the knowledge..... I tihnk it would be a great idea.

I cut my fronts a lot because they had cracks in them, so i cut out the cracks, the rears i didnt cut very much. It looks kinda goofy with the front cut a lot and not the backs, but I am just running them until I buy new ones. Then I am gonna trim them both a little.

Old 04-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well in my case i have some new yellow fenders, we havent picked them up yet but we should have them soon and the fender design i have goin for the backs right now would require some trimming of the guard but with these new ones i'll be able to put em on when i wanna go muddin lol so i guess i'll just trim the backs, probably two inches or more then u did but the dad has to help so maybe i can get him out there this week and we can get-er-dun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

thanx, later

Old 04-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for tossing that out there for me Troyer . We are in the begining stages of doing a video on the 400L engine , any input is welcome from anyone .

Troyer and I discussed this idea on the phone earlier today . We ARE going to do a video , I am looking forward to it - it sounds like fun . As soon as I get all my teeth put back in , get a new toupee and my acne clears up I will be ready to go .

Rick

Old 04-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Rick I nominated you in another forum somewhere but I can't remember the name of it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll buy it for sure.

Old 04-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

No problem Rick.

Old 04-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Give away too many secrets, and there will be RCR's popping up everywhere!

Old 04-19-2005, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

I have no problem showing how an engine comes apart and goes together . I think I would enjoy showing how do it at RcR . The whole idea is to enable everyone to do it at home with the best of results.~~~~~ It looks like fun too .

Rick

Old 04-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

I agree, that would be a handy tool. A 250 video also?

Quick Reply: Motor Building Video