Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

new parts info

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005 | 02:36 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default new parts info

Now that my new 500 HO is bout broken in id like to get a few lil things to add on to 'er, def looking into handguards, skid plates, shock covers, and tires. Does anyone have aftermarket hand guards on their sportsmans? I like the Acerbis - Flag Hand Guards but the Polaris ones are cheaper, yet plain. And im debating on skid plates, just get the Polaris plastic skids or hardcore aluminum ones like DG Baja ones, anyone have any complaints on the plastic ones? I cant find any other shock covers than the FMF ones for the sportsmans but they are real expensive for how small they are, saw on ebay someone will customize an order for sportsman covers for $23 total, not to shabby. As far as tires im looking for a good mud tire but also easy on handling for the trails and hardpack, im leaning towards the Dirt Devil XT's but i like the Mud Sharks, i had the goodyear Mud Runners on my old polaris and they were good, lasted forever, want something light that will take the beatings lol

Old 05-11-2005 | 02:20 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default new parts info

lol wow nobody....

Old 05-11-2005 | 04:08 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Default new parts info

Well, I can't help with all the questions, but here goes. Got my shock covers off Ebay and they are holding up well. Have the Polaris brand handguards, not impressed with the mounting, but otherwise they good. As far as skid plates go, I would prefer the hard palstic. One, they're a little cheaper and two, they flex back if you're rolling over rocks or logs. The aluminum will withstand a lot more abuse, but if you bend it, it'll stay bent. Haven't bought new tires, yet, so not much help there. Hope that helps some, sure you'll get more responses.

Old 05-12-2005 | 12:53 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default new parts info

yea i was looking at the polaris handguards, why dont u like the mounting?

Old 05-15-2005 | 10:00 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Default new parts info

It's not something you can't modify, but the left guard uses a tie strap as part of the mounting. I would expect something like that if it came from Walmart, but I bought these from the dealer. Still like the guards, and did modify it to make it sturdier.