Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Who Financed your ATV....What % Rate?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Financed your ATV....What % Rate?

I saved my pennies and payed cash for all mine. It sucks to wait and save but as you can see mine range from a 1998 to a 2002. I bought the 1999 magnum new first, then bought the rest used.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

I did the 2 years with 4.9% thing. I paid 2500 the first month and when I noticed I had already paid 50 bux in interest I wrote a check for the remainder of the balance.

I hate paying interest. I guess it was silly of me to finance it in the first place. Shoulda done the 0% deal I guess.

Interest is bad, mmkay? (unless you're getting it!)

Old 05-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Treacherous
I got an awesome balance transfer offer from Chase. I paid for it full on one card and then transferred over to the Chase card which gave me a 0% interest rate for the life of the loan until it is paid. I couldn't resist. It was for balance transfers greater than 7K so it worked out for me.

Yup, I did the same thing. All the Polaris offers are terrible for financing, I just put it on a card and then transfered it over to a Mastercard that has 0% for the life of the loan. I literally get like 45 offers a month for 0% balance transfers, that was one of the few that was for the life of the loan. Can't beat that. Even if you transfered it from card to card when the 0% ran out, its cheaper to pay the one-time balance transfer fee some cards have than to pay 4.9%, or worse.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Matt02Freedom
Originally posted by: Treacherous
I got an awesome balance transfer offer from Chase. I paid for it full on one card and then transferred over to the Chase card which gave me a 0% interest rate for the life of the loan until it is paid. I couldn't resist. It was for balance transfers greater than 7K so it worked out for me.
Yup, I did the same thing. All the Polaris offers are terrible for financing, I just put it on a card and then transfered it over to a Mastercard that has 0% for the life of the loan. I literally get like 45 offers a month for 0% balance transfers, that was one of the few that was for the life of the loan. Can't beat that. Even if you transfered it from card to card when the 0% ran out, its cheaper to pay the one-time balance transfer fee some cards have than to pay 4.9%, or worse.
Yeah..I could've paid cash for it but with this offer I get paid the interest and not the finance or credit card company. I too get offers all the time. My Chase and Capitol One are right about 5% interest rate. I don't keep any cards that are higher than that for purchases. I also play the balance transfer game to pay 0% interest on all credit card debt I've had over the years.