Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

TRAILBOSS 325

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2000, 11:40 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not owened an ATV for 12 years. I need a good stress relever. I have been looking at the TRAILBOSS 325. I want to here the good the bad and the ugly about this quad. The best price I have been quoted is 3195. Should I buy or should I pass? Thanks PAUL ps ROWDY is my dogs name

Old 10-05-2000, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

Rowdy

I used to have a horse named Rowdy! Anyhow, the trail boss 325 is a good machine to get you back into atving. I have one for my wife and I really enjoy stealing it from her. The price you quoted is a great price. I paid $3,300 and thought that was about the best price I heard. Make sure they are not quoting a price for the trail blazer. The trail boss is just what is says, a trail machine. It has racks and a tow hitch, but not low range. Any serious towing or hauling will shorten the belt life quickly. The tboss has good power, but not overwhelming top speed. It has been a good machine so far. The only problems I have had so far is the rear brakes needed replaced and the lower steering stem bushing is wearing out. I think both of these problems were corrected with the 2001 models. Post some additional specific questions and I will answer them for you.

Old 10-05-2000, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Guys~

MagnumMudMan is right on with everything he said. The 325 has awesome low end torque but like he said, it doesn't have a blazing top speed. I've heard about 43 MPH. You could cruise around at 5 mph all day. I've found this machine to be great in the woods and is even fun after riding my scrambler. One problem I've had is the clutch rubs on the cover when it begins to freewheel. Not a major problem, but a little nuisance. The other problem I've had is one of the hose clamps on an oil line wasn't installed properly from the manufacturer. The hose popped off when we were trail riding but luckily another guy noticed the leaking oil. My uncle said something about a recall for this problem on the 00' 325's, but I haven't found anything about it. Have you heard of any recall MagnumMudMan? But it is still a great machine and I think it would be a perfect way to relieve some of that unwanted stress! Oh, I think that price of $3,195 is pretty reasonable.

Old 10-05-2000, 02:11 PM
Range Rover

Thanks guys. If I want an all around quad would I be better off with the Magnum 325? I think it is 1200 bucks more. I thought this dealers prices were out standing. Little more of a drive but worth it.
Paul

Old 10-05-2000, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

WIscrambler

I have not heard of the recall for the oil lines, but after reading all of the post about them coming off, I went and checked all of mine and they appeared to be tight. I also have that clutch noise. Your right, it is a little annoying. I plan on riding the machine pretty hard this weekend (Magnum has a bum tire). I will post more info if any problems are noted. By the way, some of my brake problems were WI (Wife Induced)

Old 10-05-2000, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

Rowdy

The big differences between the 2x4 Magnum and the trail boss are as follows:

1. The Magnum is heavier than the tboss
2. The Magnum has low range. Which is a plus for towing.
3. The Magnum has shaft drive whereas the tboss has chain drive. This will give the Magnum less maintenace to perform, but performance will suffer slightly. I am not sure how much though. Both are great machines in the sport/utility class. The tboss leans more towards sporty with the magnum leaning toward utility.

Old 10-05-2000, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer

Hi!

And the Magnum 2x4 also has bigger tires than the Trail Boss, which gives it more ground clearance.

Pedro

Old 10-05-2000, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Pedro

You are right. I did not consider that. The Magnum comes with 24 inch Dunlops and the tboss comes with 23 inch Titans on the front and 22 inch on the rear. Based on riding both, I wish my Magnum would have come with 25 inch Titans instead of the 25 inch Dunlops. I really think they are a good tire. The larger tires provide more ground clearance, while the smaller provides a more sporty feel.

Old 10-05-2000, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

I had a double post, so I thought I would add another two cents. I would see if the dealer will let you drive both vehicles. See which one fits your needs best and feels the best to you. Do not let some salesman try to sell you on what he wants you to buy. Buy the one that feels right. Go to the Polaris website (there is a link to it in my website in my signature) and print out the technical specs. You will already know more than most of the salesman will

Old 10-05-2000, 05:30 PM
Trailblazer

MagnumMudMan,

My Magnum came with 24" 489 Titans. When these wear out, I don't know if I'll replace them with 25"s, brand yet to be determined. Choice is limited here in Portugal in terms of ATV tires, so I'll probably go with what's available.

Pedro

Quick Reply: TRAILBOSS 325