Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

posting pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default posting pictures

Could someone explain to me how to post pictures on the forum?
Thanks,

Deerkiller

Old 05-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default posting pictures

Look at the tabs on top that say My Page click on it.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default posting pictures

Thank you , found it.
Do you have the reverse light on a toggle for use when not backing.
How did you find the correct wires to tap into?

Deerkiller

Old 05-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default posting pictures

I have the reverse light wired in so when I pull it in reverse it automaticly comes on. I thought about putting a toggle switch on it but have never needed it. I have a diagram that shows how to wire it up but I don't know if it would work with your 04.5 500.

Old 05-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default posting pictures

Thanks,
Do you have a way via email of getting me your diagram, I'd like to take a look.

Old 05-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default posting pictures

I can email you the directions whats your email?

Old 05-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default posting pictures

eric@velmex.com

Thanks again

Old 05-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Range Rover
Default posting pictures

I have SnowRides Reverse Overide and I also hooked up the Warn Reverse light, but I wired mine so that I would take advantage of the Purle/Gray wire in the Pod being a switched ground when the machine is put in Reverse (I think they stopped this after '03 according to some folks). I also wired in 2 toggles 1 for the Reverse Override and one for the Reverse/Work light. I use the one switch for the light so I can toggle the light on as a work light (Hooking up a trailer, tying on a deer/Elk, etc).

She had worked fine ever since I did the install, but now I get an E on the Pod when I am in any gear but Reverse and my Reverse Light stays on all of the time. When all my wires that are connected to the swirches, the light still stays on. and the E goes away. Whenever I hook up all the wires except for the one I use to connect to the purple/gray wire and jump the switch so it turns the light on the E goes away, but the light still stays on.

I made sure all my connections were clean. I thought maybe after the last ride which was muddy, and I hosed here down good I had got water in the connections. So I took them all apart and re-greased them w/Dialectric Grease. Still the Reverse Light stays on. I have the Reverse Light mounted through the plastic Rack above the brakelight, and it has both a hot and a ground wire, so I doubt if it is grounding out.

I have the 14 guage wire running from the ground on the light back to the switch inside plastic flex-tubing, and the hot wire running to a tap in on the Parking/Brake Light inside plastic flex-tubing. I complete the ground at the switch by running a tap-in into the between the brown wire that runs to the Cigarette lighter and the switch. I have a rough schematic I drew up, but I cannot figure out how to post it here.

I was going to run a 2 test wires when I get a chance just to rule out the wires. I tried a new switch and had no difference in results, so I ruled out the switch. I was thinking the problem could be either that I am grounding out, or I have a bad switch or wire .... I guess I'll have to break out the volt meter and test light. Now I need to figure out how to test everything......LOL

According to SnowRide over at the ATV Frontier:
The speedometer gives an error signal while in gear. Either the switch has gone bad or the install was not done correctly and the actuator is still touching the red button of the switch when another gear other than reverse is selected.
But his mod still works fine, and I don't get the error when just his mod is hooked up....

Any help on posting the schematic, or help diagnosing the problem would be appreciated

Thanks,
ZMan079

Old 05-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default posting pictures

I can't find the directions they must have been deleted from my computer. But I can tell you how mine is done. Under the hood on the right side facing the atv they will be a white wire that is a ground wire. I'm pretty sure the white wire is not connected to anything. When you pull the atv in reverse it grounds that white wire. So all you do is hook up your hot wire to the battery with a fuse and run your ground wire to the wite wire. Also if you want you can hook the hot wire somewhere that only has 12v when the switch is on that way it only comes on when the switch is on.

Old 05-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default posting pictures

Thanks,
I'll give that a try. I would think that ground wire goes to the transmission or the shift linkage.