Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

predator mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator mods

Hey wazup i just got a new 05 predator LE its a sweet quad and dont want to change that much. So Does anyone make a power up kit for these quads. Where can i order some parts for this quad at pretty decent price anything would be helpfull. Im new to these forums

Old 05-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default predator mods

HPD, Nicholas cycle, Hot Seat, Rath Racing. Lot's of choices. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2005, 10:04 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default predator mods

I would start with a HMF pipe, and maybe a Rath Header. Then I would get a twin air filter, then jet it.
Here is where you can get some of the parts. Nicholas Cycle Rath Racing HMF

Old 05-19-2005, 01:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default predator mods

I already have the pipe and it sounds nice. So how do u tune this muffler i see it has 10 discs in it what will happen if i remove some or add some. Does anyone make like a high flow air intake kit with the k&n filter and jet kit and what do those run at. Anyone ridded their predator at glamis how do they do wondering cuz i go there in the summer sometimes at like midnight.

Old 05-19-2005, 01:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default predator mods

I was riding it today at this field where i live and some guy came up to me on his 450r with a pro circuit pipe and probably some other stuff dont know but anyways told him i couldnt race yet and he called me a chicken then i told him its still new tryin to get some hours on it hes like ok well race another day. Well how would i do against one these 450r's in dirt. Anyone know when i can floor this quad? i finished my first tank of gas today and already did the oil change

Old 05-19-2005, 08:24 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default predator mods

The more disks you have the more top end, and the less disks you have more low end. I raced a 450R sunday, and out of all 4 races my Predator won. I started running my hard after I changed the oil in it. I think you will be fine. I would get the twin air filter for it, you will have alot better throttle response with it. I use to do the K&N filter and sold it. Learn how to ride it, then start racing.

Old 05-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default predator mods

Alright thanks for the info on the twin Air filter went to the website and its like 75 bucks. Anyone know a better place to get it. it doesnt show a picture of it can some1 provide me with a picture so i could see how it looks. Think i got pretty much the hang of this quad its got power, it jumps awesome been hitting some jumps and this thing come down smooth thanks to the shocks. Cant wait to take it to the desert will be goin to yuma, arizona for memorial day to really test it. So what quads can i beat with my preddy how bout Banshee, Raptor,yfz450? anything would help later

Old 05-19-2005, 09:11 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider
Default predator mods

Nicholas Cycle has the twin air for like $35.00 bucks.

Old 05-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default predator mods

I'll vouch for that. The Speedwerx/Hot Seat intake was the intake of choice on the Stealth Predator project. This thing flows enormous amounts of air. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Range Rover
Default predator mods

hotseat helps, and offers some protection if you leave your airbox bottom on. i didn't, but its possible. I changed out my hotseat for the twin air, and have had better performance.

Quick Reply: predator mods