Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Quality?

Looks like maybe the coil stator or helix is gone.
I feel really sorry for you Mudlover600Tw. If your dealer is fixing a single problem and has narrowed it down to the driven clutch helix or the charging circuit stator... LOL, they are at opposite ends of the quad. Now I see why you are spending so much money... You need a new dealer or learn something about quads so you know when you are getting screwed!!
BryceGTX

Old 05-31-2005, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default Polaris Quality?

had my trailboss a few weeks and the bracket that the a-arm connects to the frame at bent into the frame and bent the frame. my friend hit a tree with the right tire so i'm not saying it's polaris's fault, but i've hit lot's of tree's with my z 400's front tire's and nothing happened. i'd like to get a scrambler 500 now because my friend bought the trailboss off of me instead of paying 1700.00 for a new frame. but i don't know does the scrambler have the same frame or is it stronger.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

Had my first problem...needle and seat went bad on the 700 and cost me 50 bucks...big deal! Not bad considering I own five of them and this is my first problem...by the way it has 2700 miles on it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

Originally posted by: kayaker001
had my trailboss a few weeks and the bracket that the a-arm connects to the frame at bent into the frame and bent the frame. my friend hit a tree with the right tire so i'm not saying it's polaris's fault, but i've hit lot's of tree's with my z 400's front tire's and nothing happened. i'd like to get a scrambler 500 now because my friend bought the trailboss off of me instead of paying 1700.00 for a new frame. but i don't know does the scrambler have the same frame or is it stronger.
the frame on the scrammy isnt weak, thats for sure. its the one part that hasnt broken on me. just memorial day i was doing 30, came around the corner and my dad was parked right there with his sp700. well my front right met his back left. sent me over handlebars, didnt bother the scrambler at all and it was from a 30mph run to braking for a whole 5 ft before it, so it hit hard and shook it off easy. luckily it didnt bother me at all either.

reliability wise ive had issues, but it seems to be doing good as of now. performance wise theres nothing else like it.

Old 06-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Polaris Quality?

Very off topic here,

But Mudlover or anyone else who has a pure polaris or another exhaust on your wheeler how do you like them? See a decent power increase? How much did you pay for it and where did you buy it?

Thanks for any replies

Old 06-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Trailblazer
Default Polaris Quality?

Originally posted by: sporty500LE
Very off topic here, But Mudlover or anyone else who has a pure polaris or another exhaust on your wheeler how do you like them? See a decent power increase? How much did you pay for it and where did you buy it?Thanks for any replies
Hey Sporty,
I cannot honestly say if in deed i got any increase in power but man does she look and sound good.I am having to many other electical issues right now but i am hoping to see good results when all electrical is put to rest.As to the pricing i believe i paid 280.00 Canadian for the white brother series pipe.
My dealer said it was his costs but who the f knows?At this point i don't know what to think!
Anyway Just GIVVER
Later

Old 06-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

Budman650 wrote: "Hmmm. You must be a Kasey Kahne fan.

My wife just bought a Honda car. Hate to say it, but I'll never buy another domestic car. The big 3 are all having sales problems."

Yes, the big three are currently experiencing lower than expected sales, but you ignore a couple of big facts. 1. They are called the big three because together, they dominate domestic market share. GM is still number 1 in US market share and remains the largest carmaker in the world, although Toyota is closing on them for that title.

Also, GM and Ford maintain several vehicles that lead sales in their categories, including full size pickup, full sized SUV, and the Ford Focus is number one in sales or is a close second. The Mustang is number 1 in sports cars (Maybe all cars) so far this year. It also has shown that it is right there with Honda in quality. (4 defects per 100 vehicles). Honda and Toyota typically average 4 to 10.

Daimler-Chrysler still leads in minivans, although the competition is catching.

The top 4 North American auto manufacturing plants for quality, ranked by JD Powers, belong to GM. The top two for efficiency (man-hours per vehicle) also belong to GM. So, while sales are off, manufacturing efficiency and quality are trending in the right direction.

The current sales trend has not been going on for very long, and is short enough that it might be difficult to say what exactly is driving it.

GM will tell you themselves that Honda and Toyota are their benchmarks for quality, but they will also show you data that indicates they are gaining ground. They finished ahead of everyone except Toyota and Honda in overall quality for their entire line.

Personally, I believe the competition has made the big 3 better. I have no doubt that the Tahoe I drive daily has been trouble-free for 39,000 miles because of this. I also have a Suburban with 11,000 miles that I am quite pleased with as well, in terms of fit/finish and quality. My 99 Silverado had 111,000 miles with one problem that was fixed for free by GM more than 10,000 miles out of warranty.

I have owned a Toyota and a Honda, and they were great vehicles as well. I certainly don't think they outclass my current Chevys, however.

If you generalize without checking all the facts, you might deprive yourself of a great machine. I have two Arctic Cat's and a Polaris 800, and I've had a Polaris magnum. All but one has been trouble-free. (The 375 had a ball-joint failure). The 800 is too new to tell for reliability, but I have high confidence in it. Its fit and finish is as good as I've seen. (I shopped all of the big bores)

The last thing I'll say is something to think seriously about. An internet forum is a completely unscientific place to collect data on quality or reliability of products. There is a narrow range of ATV customers who read them, and an even narrower range that actually post. They are heavily weighted toward negative experiences, because that is what drives a high percentage of them to the forums. A high percentage look to it as a place to get help solving a problem, or to share disappointment or dissatisfaction with a product.
It is, in my opinion, not a great place to look for anything more than anecdotal information on overall dependability or quality.

Old 06-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

DanW, SO? You didn't tell me anything except that the big 3 are playing "catch up" in reliability. There is a post in the Bombardier section that goes off on the same subject. If you're happy with your Tahoe, great. I had a "burb" with 145,000. Did you think all the parts were made in the USA? What brand is your TV? DVD player? Polaris, made in which country? I'll make the same quote as before, you sound like the vegetarian wearing leather shoes.
Chrysler mini van, ford focus, who would want something like that? Mustang #1. Big deal, it will be worth half it's value in 3 years, I own one.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris Quality?

Quote: Polaris, made in which country?

Roseau Minnesota, USA.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default Polaris Quality?

how long is the belt warranty for.

Quick Reply: Polaris Quality?