Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Which Polaris for my wife

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Polaris for my wife

we have both, a tb & a scrammy500, when trail riding if my wife & I switch for a while its not long & she wants her tb, its lighter & the power is easier controlled, a tboss will be little slower with more weight than the tb, but the tboss won't need the near the top end work in the future that the tb will, the tb is cheaper to hop up although, but I love my scrammy it just is on the heavy side.

Old 05-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

The main reason I would go for the TB is because the kids will be ready for a larger quad by the time she gets used to it and wants a larger one, and it will be passed down to each kid when they get older.

Old 05-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Go for the 330. In the long run the 330 is much better. Softer ride, racks and fan assist oil cooler. I love my 330 and will go most places the 4x4's will go. The 250 and 330 are about the same size so the kids can grow into it just as easy. The 250 is lighter and will come up easier going up hills. The 330 will stay planted easier. Get the 4 stroke.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

I have the same issue, I was thinking about maybe putting her on a phoenix. My wife is quite small 4'10" 100 lbs. she won't even try to ride my scrambler because it is too big for her. She grew up on the farm riding 80's honda 200's so she wants something a similar size. anybody have any feedback on the phoenix.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Enigma
This is going to be my wifes first ATV. She is a beginner rider. We borrowed a friends Trailblazer 250 for her to try. She loved the ride and how the bike fit her but wished for more power. I was thinking Scrambler 500 but I am worried about that being too much bike for her.

We will be doing mainly trail riding with maybe 1 trip a year to the dunes. Sometimes it will be slower rides with our kids 10 & 7 and when they are in school just the two of us.

Do you think Trail boss 330 or Scrambler??

i thought a lot about this. you may not want to hear this but i'm going to tell you anyways. your wife will enjoy a Honda Rancher AT 4X4. it's very stable, good power, only 457 lbs(just in case she flips it she won't become a pancake!LOL), and costs about $5400. have her try one.....................that ATV will hit the nail on the head!

~MT

Old 05-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

Get her an 05 HONDA Rancher ES4x4 Great bike!

Old 05-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

The ? was which POLARIS for my wife!! I think he knows there are other makes!!

Old 05-31-2005, 08:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dirtsnow
The ? was which POLARIS for my wife!! I think he knows there are other makes!!
yes, i know. and anyone that knows me knows that i am a diehard Polaris fan BUT if i replied any differently, i would be a lier. after taking into careful consideration Enigma's criteria, IMO only one ATV really fits the bill.........and Polaris doesn't build it! IF Polaris built a Magnum425 (they did in '95) maybe i would feel differently. the current Magnum330 won't muster-up enough power.

BTW, most woman don't want a 2 stroke! too noisy and smelly.

anyways, keep in mind, it's only my opinion!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

~MT

Old 05-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Range Rover

MT,

Appreciate the thoughtful input. Truth be told, I really have no allegiance to a particular brand just yet. Have had so few machines not enough experience to say what is good bad or otherwise. My wife did give me a wish list for what she wants on her 1st ATV. She wants a sporty look, a power plant that has some pep, lively handling, and a fully automatic transmission. In short, a sport ATV. I tried searching out on my own and the only brand I found that met these criteria was a Polaris (as near as I can tell).

"MY" Wish list for her was 2wd and overall a light weight machine. Smooth predictable power so she doesnt kill herself. I had hoped for a 4 stroke powerplant "thinking?guessing" that 2 stroke was not as reliable.

Anyhow, Appreciate all of you lending me a hand on this one.

Geoff "Enigma"

Old 05-31-2005, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Enigma. My wife would not trade her Trailblazer for any quad at any price. It has the most suspension travel of any Polaris except the Predator and is only equaled by the Scrambler. This provides for an excellent ride over any terrain. There are no competitors that even come close in suspension travel. My wife does not notice the two stroke or smell because it smokes very little. It has more than enough power to do most anything you will want to do. The only place it won't go is very deep mud or snow. I would say don't go for the Phoenix for the simple fact that it does not have single hand braking and single hand braking is more safe.
I hope this helps you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Quick Reply: Which Polaris for my wife