Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Which Polaris for my wife

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 02:35 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Polaris for my wife

This is going to be my wifes first ATV. She is a beginner rider. We borrowed a friends Trailblazer 250 for her to try. She loved the ride and how the bike fit her but wished for more power. I was thinking Scrambler 500 but I am worried about that being too much bike for her.

We will be doing mainly trail riding with maybe 1 trip a year to the dunes. Sometimes it will be slower rides with our kids 10 & 7 and when they are in school just the two of us.

Do you think Trail boss 330 or Scrambler??

Old 05-29-2005, 03:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

you can do some upgrades to the trailblazer to get it more power (probably her main concern was that it was sluggish when it took off which is eaisly fixed with a clutch kit and a pipe) so possibly still consider the TB and the money you save from buying her the 500 and put it into upgrades...just an idea

Old 05-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt think about a 500 Scrambler for a beginer.I would go with the Trailblazer and by the time she gets ready for a bigger more powerful machine your kids will have grown into the Trailblazer.The 330 would ge ok but the sporty ride just isnt there.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

Mnfriensen and ftwflh make some good points. I however have always been of the mine that too much is always better than not enough. I bought my wife a Trailboss 325 and after riding it a day she wanted to take it back and get a 400 Scrambler like mine. It wasn't 3 months and we had sold it and got her a 400 (and lost 1000 dollars when we sold it). Like I said the power is there if you need it but you don't have to use it unless you need it. The 500 would be a great choice in my opinion. Especially if you are gonna be riding at slower speeds. JMO.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

FTWFLH right on, I know all about hand me downs. Let your wife gain her experience on a good entry level machine. Then she gets to make an educated decision on her next one, while the little nippers get a bike you know all about. Go with the trailblazer.

Old 05-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

I would say the TB. I let my wife ride my scrambler when it was stock, and she always complained it was too hard to turn, and the weight just threw her around. She no longer wants to ride it because of the mods. She almost flipped it the last time she rode it and said thats enough. I have 2, 4, and 7 year old kids at home, so It is not worth it for me to buy her a quad because we could never go riding together(kids are to young). Once the kids get older, there will be a new Trailblazer in my garage. From what I have read the TB can be modded into a very nice quad. A clutch kit does make a world of difference.

Old 05-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

My wife rides our 500ho Sportsman and our 400 4x4 Scrambler and she can handle both with no problem. She was a beginner when she started riding the Sportsman. I am thinking along the same lines as Duneaholic and don't buy something that she will want to trade within the next year. My wife likes riding the Sportsman because she dosen't like the 2-stroke smell.

Old 05-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yep I agree....dont buy her something you will trade because its not big enough in the future....

I just bought my wife and daughter a 2005 Sportsman 500 HO....good for them and good for me and my friends....this will go with my '04 Sportsman 700.

Both girls have no problem riding it....and its big enough to ride double....

Old 05-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

My wife has a trailboss 330 and loves it. plenty of power and easy to handle. Good choice for us.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: FrontrangeATVer
Yep I agree....dont buy her something you will trade because its not big enough in the future....

I just bought my wife and daughter a 2005 Sportsman 500 HO....good for them and good for me and my friends....this will go with my '04 Sportsman 700.

Both girls have no problem riding it....and its big enough to ride double....
But he does have 2 kids that will grow into a TB or Tboss.So it wont be a trade.

Quick Reply: Which Polaris for my wife