Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris 325 owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2000, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope. The clamps were done away with on the filter end. New lines are installed with hydraulic type fittings, no clamps. Until the change is made make sure your clamps are tight and maybe use a more sucure clamp.

Old 10-13-2000, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Ox

No, I am dealing with the Maumee dealer (not to mention their name, but the only Honda, Polaris dealer in Maumee) and not Kurt in Wauseon. I bought my 98 Magnum from Kurt and had average service from them. I went in to talk to Kurt about getting the Trail Boss and he had a sales manager working for him. The guy didn't want to cut me any deal at all (and kind of insulted me with some bs stories), so I bought it in Maumee for $200 less. I will probably go back to Wauseon for my next purchase. I see it like this, I can buy in Maumee for less and get horrible service or I can buy in Wauseon for a little more and get slightly better service. I guess I will take the slightly better service next time and avoid these headaches.

Old 10-14-2000, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks, Chopper.
Without you I'm sure many of us would never have heard of this.

Old 10-16-2000, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

I just don't get it....
I called Polaris Tech Support today (612-417-8650)
The gentleman I talked to explained it to me.
It is a bulletin, not a recall, they will only fix machines that come in with a oil line blown off. I asked him why they won't fix all of them and he explained that only a small amount of machines will actually have a problem and those that have the problem will either see the leak and shut it off or blow the engine. I told him that it was ridiculous to think that I would wait for a blown engine, or ruin a trip on a known problem... he explained that I must not understand how it works.. they can't fix something that may or may not happen. Also, he said the new lines won't be available for a month or so.
I told him that I want new lines no matter what.. he said just call the dealer and tell them that.

So why does Polaris have a bad reputation??

Old 10-16-2000, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Mark

If my dealer trys to give me any crap about only fixing the ones that have actually had the line come off, I will reach down and pull the damn line off and tell them they can fix it now. I am with you on this one. Polaris needs to fix this right and as soon as possible. I am not about to let this ruin a weekend for me. Let us know what you hear from your dealer.

Old 10-16-2000, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

thats all you have to do..pull a line off,take some oil in a spray bottle and spray all around the area..and tell the dealer i was doing about 30 down the trail and i felt this warm oil hitting my leg,i think i shut it off before it was too late..the person that daboss spoke with at polaris doesnt sound like he knows what hes talking about..i would think that if there was a chance it would blow off and cook a motor that they would change lines versus putting in a new motor,9 out of 10 times i bet the line will blow off and the rider doesnt know anything until its too late,motor goes south..sometimes i really am amazed at companies so called customer service,not just polaris..i told my brother inlaw and im waiting to see what the dealer tells him about it

Old 10-16-2000, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

bowtie

Good idea about spraying some oil all over. I reread my email question and the Polaris response to this issue. I specifically told them I am interested in getting the oil lines upgraded to the new version. I did not indicate that I had any problems with the existing lines. They did not indicate that there needed to be any trouble before they parts would be replaced. This is my wifes primary ride and the engine would have to completely lock up before she would notice a problem. I am not about to let this happen and spoil a ride. Polaris will fix this one way or another.

Old 10-17-2000, 10:49 AM
Trailblazer

i talked to my dealer yesterday and he told me that he knew about it and he will have the parts to fix the problem in about a week

Old 10-17-2000, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

The bulletin is very clear. ALL old style lines are to be replaced and the dealers are to contact their customers immediatly and make arrangments to perform this warranty repair. No one should have to "create" an oil leak to get theirs replaced.

Old 10-17-2000, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

yes i agree bill,no one should have to create an oil leak to get the repair done that polaris is saying the dealer should do,but unfortunately polaris has some lame dealers out there and polaris are the ones that let these dealers continue to play dumb with this issue as well as who knows how many others..maybe polaris should do something with these dealers..i hear more bad things about dealers than i hear good things..i guess im fortunate to have 3 dealers with in an hour from me and i have to say there like night an day when it comes to being helpful and being knowledgable about the product..some dealers need to learn what customer service means,maybe polaris could teach them? just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Polaris 325 owners