Buying a Polaris ATV

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 07:57 PM
dcl
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a Polaris ATV

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the ATV world. Owning any machine can almost be like a religion. I am looking to buy my very first machine and have found what seems to be a good deal on a Polaris machine. My concern is that, when talking with friends "in the know", many of them suggest to stay away from Polaris. Various complaints about rear end boot leaks, heavy maintenance to usage ratio, etc .. have me concerned about buying this brand.

I don't know !! ... I'm being told to buy Kawasaki or Honda ! ...... I'm hoping that by posting here I can get other opinions, maybe even positive opinions from Polaris owners ....

Any comments ???

Old 06-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

If you are in California, stay away from California Custom Trailers and Powersports.

Old 06-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
If you are in California, stay away from California Custom Trailers and Powersports.
Why?

Old 06-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think he's close to California, unless you've moved Cali to Canada.

If you like the Polaris, buy it. All quads have a certain amount of failures. I've had three Poos and they've all been used when I got them and they've all been great quads.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 95sport400

If you like the Polaris, buy it. All quads have a certain amount of failures. I've had three Poos and they've all been used when I got them and they've all been great quads.
I thought that was the default?

Old 06-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mtpockets
Why?
Once they have your money, they don't give a GD about you. Lousy customer service.
I ended up getting a letter with on offer of $100 off anything in their store but I won't use it or give them the satisfaction.

Old 06-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

LOL dcl.. Let me guess.. They don't own Polaris right? Well.. when was the last time you heard a Chevy man suggest you buy a Ford eh? Polaris clearly builds ATVs as good or better than any other company.
BryceGTX

Old 06-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 95sport400

I thought that was the default?
Ottawa, Ontario? The default is nothing. You have to put in where you're from if want something to show up.

Old 06-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

People still won't stf^ about Polaris and their maintenance problems. Please! Those were the old Polaris's. From about '03 on, and ESPECIALLY now, Polaris has come a LONG way to make their reputation for braking down, dissapear. I have had to Polaris quads SP500, and SP700. Neither have EVER given me ANY trouble whatsoever. And i abuse them in VERY deep water without a snorkel and Thick Mud. Get what you want, but i think people are envious of Polaris and how great they are, and the only negative thing that they have to say about them are maintenance and how much they weight, Polaris is (in my opinion) the closest to making "THE" breakout quad.
--------------------
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700
27' ITP 589 M/S Tires
3000 lb. Warn Winch
High Performance Dayco Belt - NEW! (on the way)

2001 Honda Rancher ES (2wd)
2.5 Warn Winch
(For Sale)

Old 06-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

LOL.. JJonJon... You are right. Polaris is near the top of the heap when you look at quad sales. And it always seems that the guy at the top always gets hammered on by everyone. You see the same thing with Seadoo Jetskis and Polaris and Skidoo snowmobiles.
BryceGTX

Quick Reply: Buying a Polaris ATV