Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris screwed up with this one

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris screwed up with this one

my friends dad jsut got their shed painted and the fourwheelers were out and the wind shifted and they all got white paint specs all over them. his brother just bought a brand new 2004.5 50 annivesery(spelling) and hes pissed cuz theres white speckles all over the seat racks and bumper and the plastic. the guys who painted it is gonna pay for it but he called the dealer and they cant get new replacement plastic for it. i know the 50th was a limited run but it seems crazy to me that they arnt gonna be making any more runs of it. you would think they would since ppl are bound to roll it and break stuff or something could happen. the dealership has the 50th plastic in one color but not the one he has and he dosnt want the other one. is there anyway to get a brand new set of plastic? thanks
scott

Old 06-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Goof off or goo gone will take the paint off without messing anything up. What color is the plastics?

Old 06-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

Who whines about a little overspray on a fourwheeler? Mine's so covered and mud and scratches you'd never see overspray. And I bought it June 15th!

Nevermind, I know who whines about overspray on a fourwheeler - the same kind of people who pay to get a shed painted.

Old 06-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Range Rover

lol, mean but very very very true. lol tahts was a good chuckle

Old 06-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

roflmao. that is hilarious. I cant stop laughing! Good catch there. Paying someone to paint a shed!

Old 06-23-2005, 10:41 PM

LOL.......I was thinking pretty much the same thing when I read the post.

I gave up on washing mine because I immediately go out get it covered in mud again. I think the dried mud has now transformed itself into cement. My machine perpetually looks like something Mel Gibson would have been driving in "Road Warrior".

Old 06-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I hope you all at least wash the mud off of the drivetrain and chasis. Mud will tear everything up if you let it dry and sit. You will wonder why you have to change cv boots, bushings and u joints. Trust me I know. Mud has been my hobby for about 15yrs now.

Old 06-23-2005, 10:58 PM

'2manytoys'.......Thanks for the "heads up" on that. I am guilty of a little exageration here. Although I really am not big on washing it.......I DO maintain it well. Grease all the zerks.....change fluids etc..... Got about 700 miles now and no boots, CV's or anything. The only thing I've had to do is secondary clutch buttons. I won't leave 'caked mud' on the undercarriage. I usually do more water crossings/big puddles than mud bogs anyway. The plastics are always completely dirty though......Mel Gibson would be proud. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well then your all good. I just dont like it when people come here to complain when they have to replace cvboots when thats all they talk about in previouse posts is mud this and mud that. I dont wash off my mud trucks but I do wash off the drivetrain and drive through water whenever I can. I do however keep the atv clean because the kids ride on it and climb on it.

Old 06-24-2005, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kevin108
Who whines about a little overspray on a fourwheeler? Mine's so covered and mud and scratches you'd never see overspray. And I bought it June 15th!

Nevermind, I know who whines about overspray on a fourwheeler - the same kind of people who pay to get a shed painted.
someone who paid 7 grand of their hard erned money for it. u may like your stuff lookin like **** but he dosnt, the sheds paint was fallin off and the water tanks were rusted. his dad couldnt afford to take time off the farm to do it himself, it took three ppl a week. who makes a post just to whine about someone not wanting his stuff to look like ****.

oh nvm someone who has their head up there a$$ and has nothing better to do but jump all over someone who is just tryin to help a friend, the only one who has helped at all is 2manytoys. thanks, to the rest of you if your just gonna post useless garbage on a forum that was made for ppl to help each other then dont post in this thread anymore.
scott

Quick Reply: polaris screwed up with this one