Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

atv's more popular than snowmobiles

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv's more popular than snowmobiles

Article in the Milwaukee Journal this morning says that atv'ing will overtake snowmobiling in popularity this year in Wisconsin. We certainly haven't had the snow needed to justify a snowmobile, at least here in south eastern WI. There's been good snow 4 hours north, and always good snow in the U.P. Michigan.
I'll take an ATV.

Old 06-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

I believe it. I still own a sled & have thought of getting rid of it many times, but nobody wants them anymore. If you want to sell one, a guy better get ready for a serious screwing because you'll have to lose your A$$ on it...... BAD!!!! I tried getting many dealers to take mine on trade for a quad, watercraft, dirt bike, etc. & all they would give me a good deal on was in trade for another sled. Soooo, mine can just sit in my shed & get it's annual 100-200 miles each winter. It's a 2000 model year with 800 miles. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

and always good snow in the U.P. Michigan
Not always[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I live in the southern UP and have still had to trailer north most of the last several years. Quads are useful for so many more things than just pleasure riding, it's no surprise at their popularity. If I couldn't have both, the sled would go before the quad. But, snowmobiling is a much greater rush (at least the way we ride.)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

I use the quad all year 'round seems pretty simple to me, I still like to blast across a frozen lake at 100 mph, but can't see it sitting for the rest of the time.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

I thought Quads were already more popular then Sleds up there, I lived in the UP right on lake superior for 7 years (Ironwood - just over the border of WI/Hurley) and Sleds were probably all over there but still I saw more Quads, I love sleds almost as much as Quads...the rush of going that fast is insane...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: theCATman
I believe it. I still own a sled & have thought of getting rid of it many times, but nobody wants them anymore. If you want to sell one, a guy better get ready for a serious screwing because you'll have to lose your A$$ on it...... BAD!!!! I tried getting many dealers to take mine on trade for a quad, watercraft, dirt bike, etc. & all they would give me a good deal on was in trade for another sled. Soooo, mine can just sit in my shed & get it's annual 100-200 miles each winter. It's a 2000 model year with 800 miles. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
how much you wanna sell it for i'll buy it LOL

Old 06-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer

I live in northern PA and thats all it does is snow during the winter months we get all the moisture right off of the great lakes.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Danman883, rub it in a little more why don't 'cha. I'll sell it for $250, but it'll cost ya $3,250 to ship it to you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Now catman, 250 sounds good to me and I can pick it up. LOL
From your back yard.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

drlang, just flip-flop those numbers & you can have 'er. It's the fastest year xc600sp made. It's the only year with the powervalve engine & the shorter xc-10 suspension. It hauls out & stays with 700's like nothing.

Quick Reply: atv's more popular than snowmobiles