Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

clutch kit for 700

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005 | 08:02 PM
|
Range Rover
Default clutch kit for 700

I was wondering what clutch kit is best for my machine. I have a 05 sp700 carb. I ride fairly hard over a lot of different stuff, from slow rock crawls to mud to powerlines. I am looking for the best all around clutch out there if there is any, and will it make a sizable difference in off the line power? Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Old 06-27-2005 | 08:08 PM
Trailblazer

I researched a bit and was pretty impressed with the Heelclicker. I just ordered one for myself. PM me next week if you want to hear results.

Old 06-27-2005 | 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

I have tried 2 different clutch kits in my 700 a Heel Clicker and a High Lifter super duty and like the Heel Clicker alot better. My vote is Heel clicker [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 06-27-2005 | 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

Sportsman70003:
Are you using the Heelclicker recommended weights or have you fine tuned?
Also, which primary are you using?

Old 06-27-2005 | 08:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You dont need a whole clutch kit to get what you want. They are quite tuneable but you really need to think of where you want your power. If you want an agressive take off with good top end then you lose your bottom end for slow technical stuff like rocks and going over obsticals. Or you can tune it to where it will creep over obsticals and have good top end but then you lose the agressive take off. The best spring that I have tried that will give slow technical take off but still pulls hard and gives great mid to top end is the EPI pink or maroon primary spring. Alot of guys here like the Polaris white but it has higher take off rpm's with decent mid to top end. My 330 was a snail then I tried the white spring. It felt good but I could not creep along and climb over stuff without giving too much throttle. I then tried the EPi red. It is like the white but with more agressive mid to top. Still lost the bottom end. I tried the EPI maroon. Nice take of, better than stock, pulled like crazy from mid to top but my top rpm's were a little too high. I think this spring is good for the twins. I then went to the EPI pink. Takes off right off idle and pulles hard from mid to top. I gained 7mph on top and 800rpm's. I put the maroon on my brother inlaws 600 and he beats stock 700's. It pulls hard from start to finish. If you like rocks but themn want a kick in the pants mid to top then the pink or maroon is great.

Old 06-27-2005 | 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: diirk
Sportsman70003:
Are you using the Heelclicker recommended weights or have you fine tuned?
Also, which primary are you using?
I'm using the Heelclicker recommendations. 1.2s 4.3c 3.3t with the orange Heelclicker spring. The only thing I did different was the shim behind the spider was a 70 or 80 thousandths that came with the kit and I used a 22 thousandths because my belt to sheeve clearence was to much with the bigger shim.

Old 06-28-2005 | 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lawnboy2121
I was wondering what clutch kit is best for my machine. I have a 05 sp700 carb. I ride fairly hard over a lot of different stuff, from slow rock crawls to mud to powerlines. I am looking for the best all around clutch out there if there is any, and will it make a sizable difference in off the line power? Any advice would be greatly apreciated.
Polaris has them clutched for all around use, if you want performance off the line in will raise the engagement RPM and make it harder to ride in technical terrain such as rocks and low speed manuvers.

There are specific kits for big tires, sport riding, etc. from EPI , Aaen, and Dalton but the Heelclickers may be the way to go for adjustability to your riding style and needs.
7003's the man.

Jim

Old 06-28-2005 | 06:24 AM
Range Rover

Lawnboy, the heelclicker is a good setup. I've had good success with the EPI primary springs mentioned by 2manytoys.

SP70003, you haven't had to change your weight setup with the Team Secondary? I gained 200 rpm on the top side from the change alone. Seems you were already turning 6,200 with the stock secondary. Just curious.

Old 06-28-2005 | 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Oleman
SP70003, you haven't had to change your weight setup with the Team Secondary? I gained 200 rpm on the top side from the change alone. Seems you were already turning 6,200 with the stock secondary. Just curious.
Yea my rpms are about the same with the stock and Team roller secondary I might have gain maybe 50 rpms. I am experiencing about the same thing you where on take off with the Team roller seems like it is taking off it a higher gear and I think with a stiffer spring like the Team 105-165 might help. How did the stiffer spring do that HSP sent you?

Old 06-28-2005 | 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

We offer a soild all around kit for the 05 700 which includes our green primary spring 40-140 and a set of i-56 weights, engagemnt isn't too high but it is higher than stoc. The kit pulls hard off the bottom adn throught he mid-range top speed is just the same, we dont send anything for the secondary on that model because we have tried everything team offers and it is no better than stock on that machine. Also note this set-up is for stk. tires and exhaust we do have different set-ups for quads with those mods.

Quick Reply: clutch kit for 700