Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Rattlesnakes, gotta love um'...pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattlesnakes, gotta love um'...pics inside

well, got out again tonight, found two more rattlers by the house, took the good camera this time, my Canon 20D Digital SLR with Canon 70-200mm L Lens.

The link below is for a whole directory, click on 'all' at the bottom to see all the pics, the last 6 or so pics are of the snakes tonight....the others are from last weekend

Diamondbacks

dave

Old 07-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: elkbow
well, got out again tonight, found two more rattlers by the house, took the good camera this time, my Canon 20D Digital SLR with Canon 70-200mm L Lens.

The link below is for a whole directory, click on 'all' at the bottom to see all the pics, the last 6 or so pics are of the snakes tonight....the others are from last weekend

Diamondbacks

dave
Nice pics!
Ive heard a few out here by the house but have yet to see one.

Old 07-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Diamondbacks

dave
Nice pics!
Ive heard a few out here by the house but have yet to see one.
Flying by at mock II on that new Z really helps[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2005, 01:04 AM
Quad Patrol

Elkbow, is this typical around your house every year? As far as the amount of snakes your finding.

Old 07-02-2005, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Elkbow, is this typical around your house every year? As far as the amount of snakes your finding.
No, usually they stay in the rocks. I usually see one or two when walking the dog, each year. But this year I'm leaving the dog at home. I caught a 6 footer 3 weeks ago and I had the dog with me...he hasn't went up with me since, been walking him around the neighborhood.

The amount of snakes is the same near the house. The difference this year is that we had alot of early rain and the weeds grew up higher and the amount of rodents is higher, so the snakes are down out of the lava rocks.

Forgot to say for anyone that hasn't figured it out, click on any pic to enlarge. I left them at a lower resolution so that you can see them easier....

dave

Old 07-02-2005, 03:30 AM
Quad Patrol

I bet you had your hands full. A dog and a 6' snake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

I bet you had your hands full. A dog and a 6' snake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Luckily I had two people with me walking their dogs, my dog isn't fixed, so he was behind me sniffing the butts on the other dogs, otherwise he always leads. So, I ran in to the snake.

My dog hates snakes, he knows what they are, but he can't always smell, see or hear the snakes to avoid them. Most rattlers do not rattle until you disturb them...

dave

Old 07-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Quad Patrol

Luckily I had two people with me walking their dogs, my dog isn't fixed, so he was behind me sniffing the butts on the other dogs, otherwise he always leads. So, I ran in to the snake.

dave
A true hound he is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The true test is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Do you allow him to lick you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] after walks like that? j/k

Old 07-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

those are great pics dave. I've been looking forward to some more since your last pic post. We don't ever get to see any cool wildlife in ohio. I'm up in Alaska now for two weeks and already we've seen about 150 bald eagles, and several killer whales breaching. What a sight is was to see a cove in the prince william sound packed with the most beautiful creature on earth the American Bald Eagle. I was almost in tears I was so amazed. I had only seen 3 in the wild my entire life.

Old 07-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Quad Patrol

Scrama, Sounds great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm sure your taking some great pictures.

Quick Reply: Rattlesnakes, gotta love um'...pics inside