Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

325 riders want instant torque???

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2000, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll tell you how to get it then baby! call Rick Ritter down at RcR. (618)644-3211. Ask him for a GREEN Primary Clutch Spring. You will be amazed. Especially Boss 325 riders. Your bike will gain instant power. and wheely out of the gate using nothing but Engine tourque. It also jumps better as it accelerates harder throught the top of the jump. You magnum dudes i'm not sure about, but my guess is that yours will be lots more fun too. I'm Not sure if i lost and top End, sure doesn't feel like it, tomorrow i drag race my dad on my Expedition, then i post here again to let you know where i sit at the top. PEACE

Old 10-13-2000, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

Man-o-man...this green spring thing is catching on more than Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word !!

Old 10-14-2000, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

I am thinking about this mod for my wifes tboss. I put a uni filter in it and it has helped the low range a little. My questions to you are:

1. How long did the installation take?
2. How high does the engine rev before the belt engages?
3. Is the increase in engine rev a controllable increase? We riding in the hills a lot and the last thing I need is my wife having to goose it to get it going up a hill?
4. Did it affect the reverse operation? ie do you have to hold the overide button to get it to move in reverse?

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-14-2000, 01:51 AM
Trailblazer

alright mag, her's the answers.

1. I had never done anything other then minor chain adjustments to my quad and it only took my aroun 1.5 hours
2. The engine revs PRETTY HIGH before engaging, this is where the huge torque gains come from as the engine gains more power before actually hitting.
3. I'm not gonna lie, the spring i got was clearly not for tight and technical trails. More along the open trails line. While the power comming from the motor is huge, their is a problem in that it is either 75%-100% throttle wise or it wont move. That is not really a problem for advanced riders, but no matter whos riding it, it won't handle tight stuff nearly as well. But conversly, it will handle any thing but, AWSOMELY. Pound for pound, the spring is a good mod unless you ride tight alot and yes it can handle hills.
4. yes. You do have to hold the override button to get it to move in reverse. However, i personnaly never liked the sound of the rev limiter so i always have held it down, it was no big change for me.

final comment:
If you do any tight riding, this spring will make the Boss feel a litle harder to control. If you are a REALLY GOOD rider however, and can deal with that, you will be VERY PLEASED with the performance gains produced by this spring.

Hope that helps. If not, post again.

Old 10-14-2000, 02:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Is there an 800 number I could call about this thing.

Mag325 4x4 25'vamps,k&n air filter

Old 10-14-2000, 10:26 AM
BK
Pro Rider

Has anyone tried changing the gearing on the Trailboss? It seems like a smaller front sprocket might give the same effect without having to use full throttle all the time. I have been thinking of getting one of these machines but I want to be sure how to overcome the tall gearing before investing my $$$

Old 10-14-2000, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for answering my questions. I am not sure yet if this is right for my tboss. This is primarily my wifes ride and she is only marginal on hill as it is, I don't need to handicap her any more. I may get one and just swap it with the stock for when I am riding it.

Old 10-14-2000, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

MagDaddy

For a 1-800 number, go to my website in my signature and follow the links to atv accessories and click on RCR. Rick has a phone number in his website.

Old 10-15-2000, 08:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I been telling you guys about this spring.Im glad someone else has tried it.Im concerned about how much it raised the RPMs on 325boss's quad though.On my00 Xplorer,you can hardly even notice the higher RPMs,
Bill

Old 10-15-2000, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

If you don't want it to rev quite so high before engagement, try a white spring. I tried both the green & white on my Xplorer & noted the performance differences between them & stock. If you want the details, go to my post marked 'xplorer xperiment'.
Good luck.
Farmr
PS if you can change oil, you can change the spring. It takes time, but not much technical skill. Just mark the clutch cover to get it back the way it was to keep it all in balance.