Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Enclosed Trailers Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enclosed Trailers Worth it?

I have wanted an enclosed trailer for a long time. I priced a new 6' x 10' Haulmark Transport DLX at $2,350. It has a ramp, stone guard, and interior lighting.

I am trying to justify the purchase. In doing so I am trying to come up with a list of advantages. Sometimes it's hard to figure out until you own it.

I haven't really come up with any advantages.

I am not concerned about security, because if this quad gets stolen then I'll get the 700efi.
I'm not concerned about protection from the elements since my quad is ridden in the elements.

So what else is there to consider?

For those of you who have an enclosed trailer, what advantages are there to ownership?

Thanks for your help and experience.

Old 08-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Somewhere to keep your quad when you are not riding/racing, a safe place to keep your tools/tires/gear when you are riding/racing, somewhere to get out of the rain, dry transport for your stuff, a place to throw a heater or AC unit and sleep. I have a 7x16 enclosed and absolutely love it. If you can find the extra $$ over the cost of an open trailer, you will be very happy.

Old 08-02-2005, 01:14 PM
CED
Pro Rider

I just purchased the Campmaster,it is 30' long.The front part is the living quarters,with the toy hauler section in the rear.We love it.I will try and post some pic's later.

Old 08-02-2005, 01:16 PM
CED
Pro Rider

http://www.roadmasterllc.com/campmaster.html
This is the one i purchased.

Old 08-02-2005, 01:58 PM
This chick Rocks!
A Bad Word For A Good Thing.

an enclosed trailer is definitely nice to have. when you are out riding you can lock everything up inside and don't have to worry about it. not only that but when you are all loaded up you can go out to eat or to the store and not have to worry about theft either! buy a blow up matress and sleep in there, thats what we did. Too bad your far away cuz i would try to sell it to you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Trailblazer

OH GOD YES!!! It is the best purchase I made!!!Security is an issue,so ur bike gets stolen & u get the 1 u want,u don't want that 1 stolen,not to mention ur gear & tools & I take spare parts.We travel to ride alot,so we leave on Sunday & just throw everything in the trailer & go,no securing it down so it doesn't fly out,just throw it in!!Like somebody else mentioned,it's storage durin the week.Don't go cheap,check the construction,pay attention to the material used in its construction,especially the frame,they may look the same but they are not.Make sure it's undercoated good,they'll back it up if it is.Don't buy 1 that is just big enuff!! Go bigger!!I have to sell mine cause it's too small & it's a 7x14!!!

Old 08-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, what your daddas said.

And if you spring for the extra 4 feet (14') you can load 2 quads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and a friends gear too! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

and dont forget about that blow up...ur mattress that the girly mentioned.

Jim

Trending Topics

Old 08-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CED
http://www.roadmasterllc.com/campmaster.html
This is the one i purchased.
Jeff you need to sell the condo on wheels and get what CED has. Along with an Alky Scrammy!

Hey CED that guy on the TRX450R in your 1st pict didnt think he was going to need a helmet and goggles as he wasnt expecting to EAT POLARIS sand and dirt roost!!!! HaHa[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Jim

Old 08-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for all the information.

Old 08-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

you will not regret an enclosed trailer

i got a couple pics of my 6x12 on my page

the quads fit in there without a need for strapping down

i use it for work also (carpenter)

Quick Reply: Enclosed Trailers Worth it?