Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Took my first ride over the bars Fri night

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took my first ride over the bars Fri night

Originally posted by: ftwflh
I have found that trails and dark eqaul trouble.Better off going in the daylight .
My riding group rides almost exclusively at night. We're a group of 40 somethings on utility quads and find with families and all that nights are far easier to get all the guys together. Of course we're not trying to set land speed records through treacherous terrain with reckless abandon. We do woods trails, hill climbs/decents, mud bogs and just about everything you could imagine.......at night.......year round. We usually do about 30 miles a night.

We have found that riding at night is perfectly safe and that your lights do a fine job of illuminating the trail. One key is being smart and not going screaming down a trail you're unfamiliar with at hair-raising speeds. The other key is to always ride with at least one other quad......preferably a 4x4 utility with a winch. We find ourselves relying on each other and our winches. We also have stock ( quiet ) exhausts.......keeps the locals happy if they don't even know you're there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took my first ride over the bars Fri night

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear from the "grown ups" on this site. It's reassuring to know that ATVs won't necessarily kill you and that you can enjoy riding well into your adult years. Not calling anybody old, don't get me wrong. It's nice to know that odds are I'll still be able to enjoy this sport over the next 20 years or better.

Also I wish I could find a local group to ride and associate with. Everybody here is just into dirt bikes though. Hmm...