Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The Polaris Nuthouse

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:06 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Polaris Nuthouse

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

JF, I mentioned in a earlier post... more Buick's here than in Ca. Yesterday saw on with a Shanghai GM logo on it. does GM have a plant in shanghai? figured youed know being the GM expert here. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I'm no expert. I've only worked at one plant. I never heard of this one but I know GM has plants in 35 different countries including China. I Googled it and came up with this at Wikipedia:

Shanghai General Motors Company Limited (Shanghai GM) is a joint venture between General Motors and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC). Shanghai GM manufactures and sells automobiles in mainland China. The company manufactures and sells Chevrolet, Buick, and Cadillac vehicles. Shanghai GM was founded on June 12, 1997 with 50% investment each from Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation and General Motors. In 2003, the PRC became the second largest single market for General Motors, and GM Shanghai had a 13% market share in mainland China, second only to Volkswagen Group China among foreign carmakers. However, sales dropped for 2004 with the retirement of the Buick Sail. Its replacement, the Chevrolet Sail, was delayed to February, 2005, leaving Shanghai GM in seventh place.

In the future, it is likely that entire new vehicles will be engineered by GM and SAIC's Pan-Asia Technical Automotive Center for GM Shanghai to build.

According to the company, in 2003, Shanghai GM sold 201,188 vehicles. This was an 81.6% percent increase over the previous year. Its share of mainland China's passenger car market grew to nearly 9.8 percent, placing Shanghai GM among the top three passenger car manufacturers in mainland China. Shanghai GM was the top passenger vehicle producer in China in 2006, with sales of 413,400 vehicles.

Chile is the first country that receives a completed car from Shanghai GM. In September 2006, the Chilean branch of GM launched the Chevrolet Corsa Plus, a Chinese version of the 4-door Opel Corsa with a 1.6L engine.

Frank

Old 08-05-2008, 10:46 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks JF! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Your my GM expert. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

There are a crap load of Buick minivans over here. Real nice ones too.

now im confused did Buick or Olds close in the US?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2008, 01:24 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

MWQ and his translator. this is cookie. really tiny and sweet. She is like the daughter I never had.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:49 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After 107 years they quit making Oldmobiles in 2004.

Can you sneak Cookie back home in your suitcase?

Old 08-06-2008, 11:32 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

Can you sneak Cookie back home in your suitcase?</end quote></div>

Thats right...i remember thinking... damm the cutlass supreme was sure popular for quite a few years.

If/when this job ends, my wife likes her so much she told me to bring her home with me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Nuthouse"></title><script src=

Hello,I have a 1986 polaris 250 which has now had every frigen part replaced,its basicly a brand new 23 yr old quad that I have gotten 5 hours of ride time on.With the money i have into it that comes to over $300 an hour. My neverending replacement quest began when I bought this quad from a neighbor,it ran awsome,took it to the trails and it ran great allday,then I lost throttle responce and noticed my carb was flooding,it was a bad float,so I had it rebuilt by a local polaris dealer in Annville pa and they never emptied my crankcase of gas and blew out my crank seals,as well as stealing my skid plate and saying it wasnt on when I brought it in,so I then had to replace the crank seals (and skidplate)which opted me to replace all the gaskets and seals.I figured it needed done since it was getting up in years.In doing this I discovered the rings were a little sloppy so I replaced them.After all this I still had the same problem,so I went to the electrical system.I replaced the CDI,voltage regulator,rev limiter,starter,cilinoid,coil,spark plug,battery and cables.This still didnt fix my problem!!! So I ripped all the wiring out and redid everything,new shrink rap tubing,cleaning all corrosion off every connection and double checking for any crossed wires,after this my problem still exsists.I have now had the carb out 30 times and still nothing!!! It will start right up on one push of the button or on one pull and sometimes hold an idle but when you try to go it only gets about quarter throttle and the speed stops excellerating and the motor sounds like its bogging down.The oil mixer is working,I have tons of compression and plenty of spark. The only thing I know to do is scrap it and take my losses,If there is anyone who can help,or has any ideas, Id appreciate it,Thanks,Carl.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

Can you sneak Cookie back home in your suitcase?</end quote></div>

Thats right...i remember thinking... damm the cutlass supreme was sure popular for quite a few years.

If/when this job ends, my wife likes her so much she told me to bring her home with me. [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>
Cookie?
I bet she belongs to the Girl Scouts
why are you 2 smiling so much?
what's in the bag? cookies? trojans?
confucious say, picture worth a thousand words
I'm working on it

Old 08-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default The Nuthouse"></title><script src=

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: coal dirt

Hello,I have a 1986 polaris 250 which has now had every frigen part replaced,its basicly a brand new 23 yr old quad that I have gotten 5 hours of ride time on.With the money i have into it that comes to over $300 an hour. My neverending replacement quest began when I bought this quad from a neighbor,it ran awsome,took it to the trails and it ran great allday,then I lost throttle responce and noticed my carb was flooding,it was a bad float,so I had it rebuilt by a local polaris dealer in Annville pa and they never emptied my crankcase of gas and blew out my crank seals,as well as stealing my skid plate and saying it wasnt on when I brought it in,so I then had to replace the crank seals (and skidplate)which opted me to replace all the gaskets and seals.I figured it needed done since it was getting up in years.In doing this I discovered the rings were a little sloppy so I replaced them.After all this I still had the same problem,so I went to the electrical system.I replaced the CDI,voltage regulator,rev limiter,starter,cilinoid,coil,spark plug,battery and cables.This still didnt fix my problem!!! So I ripped all the wiring out and redid everything,new shrink rap tubing,cleaning all corrosion off every connection and double checking for any crossed wires,after this my problem still exsists.I have now had the carb out 30 times and still nothing!!! It will start right up on one push of the button or on one pull and sometimes hold an idle but when you try to go it only gets about quarter throttle and the speed stops excellerating and the motor sounds like its bogging down.The oil mixer is working,I have tons of compression and plenty of spark. The only thing I know to do is scrap it and take my losses,If there is anyone who can help,or has any ideas, Id appreciate it,Thanks,Carl.</end quote></div>
wow, i'll take a stab. assuming the crankcase is sealed and cylinder base gasket and head gasket are good since you said compression is good.
Is carb to cylinder connection tight?
Did you check the pilot jet in the carb as well as looking thru the carb when the main jet is removed?
Not sure if the old ones had the safety switch on the thumb throttle but make sure the throttle cables are adjusted correctly otherwise the motor will die when you accelerate.
All else fails, make a new thread in the polaris section and Old Polaris Tech will come to the rescue as well as a bunch of other good guys.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:47 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Budman650

Cookie?

I bet she belongs to the Girl Scouts

why are you 2 smiling so much?

what's in the bag? cookies? trojans?

confucious say, picture worth a thousand words

I'm working on it</end quote></div>

The answers to these and many other questions are buried deep in the SZ. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Yes Cookie

not likey at 25.

My wife, cookie and I were wandering around Yongkang last Sunday. She is a great help to both of us. She likes us a lot too and knows how much we care for her. She got to this factory about a 3 week's before i did..She was sent here to help me. My wife took the photo.

Pork hotcakes.. about 1 of the best things to eat here.

LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Pork hotcakes? that sounds good
I'm going to ask my wife if I can have a Cookie today.

Quick Reply: The Polaris Nuthouse