Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The Polaris Nuthouse

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Polaris Nuthouse

plus there is pride in knowing that you fixed what wore out on your vehicle. Most of the cars on the road today are so electronic that I am afraid to look at them, let alone attemt to wrench on them.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mfvii
Renting one may just be as expensive as purchasing one. Plus, I imagine there will be some sort of deposit. ANd with a Jeep, a torque wrench can come in handy in other areas.
Yep, but the Jeep is just a DD, so I don't expect to be working on it much. But I'm always all for the experience thing. I at least try to fix everything first.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Did you put the mods on your quad?

Old 09-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

always. Except the springs, I was looking forward to that, but the dealer put them in free because the quad was there overnight anyway.

lol they musta been bored.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Then you should be able to handle this too. Just be safe. Use Jack Stands and work on level ground.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Wow! We can be useful!

Old 09-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

Lol sacreligious?

I think that I need to take off a wheel to allow the driveshaft to rotate, because I dont have an impact wrench. Although I may not have to, I dont know?

How much are jack stands? Can I get by WalMarting them?

Old 09-28-2005, 09:41 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

plus there is pride in knowing that you fixed what wore out on your vehicle. Most of the cars on the road today are so electronic that I am afraid to look at them, let alone attemt to wrench on them.
I started in the mid '70's when at least they knew how to put a engine in. sideways engines?? I still do 95% of the work on all my vehicles. I only pay to get tires mounted/fornt end alignments and to have my cars smog checked every 2 years. and I do 100% of the work on my toys. ive split the cases on everything I own except the minitrail and the YZ80, its never even had the head off. The 50 has had the clutch cover off because the boys would crash it and rip the shift fork off the end of the shift shaft. I have re bent it and re welded it 3 times now.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:44 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Then you should be able to handle this too. Just be safe. Use Jack Stands and work on level ground.
i like to use blocks of wood, 4X10's cut about a foot long and stacked up. Ive seen cheap jack stands bend. never seen a 4X10 bend. That and always block the wheels that you dont remove. both sides of the wheels.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
I started in the mid '70's when at least they knew how to put a engine in. sideways engines?? I still do 95% of the work on all my vehicles. I only pay to get tires mounted/fornt end alignments and to have my cars smog checked every 2 years. and I do 100% of the work on my toys. ive split the cases on everything I own except the minitrail and the YZ80, its never even had the head off. The 50 has had the clutch cover off because the boys would crash it and rip the shift fork off the end of the shift shaft. I have re bent it and re welded it 3 times now.
I do everything I can except mess inside the engine (no experience, too much risk) and work on the family cars (vital parts). Also too much risk. But I fix everything around the house and have the TV set up so complicated-ly that only I can turn it on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

I figure every time I fix something I save a crap of money, so I feel better about buying new toys.

Quick Reply: The Polaris Nuthouse