Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Gas prices are so high ----->

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas prices are so high ----->

3.19 per gallon here in california ...FOR DEISSEL!!!!! Is that rediculious or what, 91 is 3.09 why is deissel more than gas when is is easyer to refine than gas ,grumble, grumble,grumble i hate gas companies.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:49 AM
Trailblazer

I live right in the path of MIS!!!We expect gas to jump up over $3.00 before the race this weekend.They always bang the people going to the race,that means the residents also,just an added perk for them.I'm not lettin it ruin my labor weekend though,I just drive cheaper vehicles durin the week & save to fill up the motorhome for the weekends.
I think the guy that's blamin GWB needs to take a closer look @ what's goin on though,there have been some very good points thrown out there especially about the drilling in Alaska.It's about time to stick it in the ear of all the tree huggers & get the oil where we can,none of those people are offerring solutions,only protests.If they'd spend half of that energy into coming up with alternative fuels they wouldn't have time to complain!Oh well,just rantin!

Old 08-16-2005, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Gas prices are up and so is the heat. Hottest summer in awhile. It was so hot yesterday, that on my way to work, I saw a dog chassing a cat and they were walking.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well it finnally rained here for the first time in 5 weeks, the grass is still brown and dried up, and one of the trees thats been on this property and thriving for nearly 20 years is almost dead (was). its been hitting 100 degrees here near every day, the creek behind my friend property were we bomb around is all dried up to bedrock, which is usually 4 feet deep in some spots. dang its been hot, its 83 out now with overcast

diesel is about 2.40 and regular is about the same. my brother payed 45 bucks yesterday to fill up an quarter full tank, and my dad payed a little over 60 to fill up his Cummins, 26 gallons. jeeze, i remember when gas was like .86 cents a gallon

Old 08-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

2.66 for regular here, my mom got her v-8 explorer, we cant even afford to live in our house anymore, she pays 200 bucks a week in gass

Old 08-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

2.75 in some places here. idc though kuz i dont drive yet, haha. i hope its not like 5 dollars a gallon wen i start driving, lol.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Range Rover

It's not helping that everyone in Asia wants a car now... especially in China. Their auto industry is booming. They are putting the bikes away and replacing with cars.

I have reads estimates that put China with 100 million cars by 2020. They have about 25 million right now.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Treacherous
It's not helping that everyone in Asia wants a car now... especially in China. Their auto industry is booming. They are putting the bikes away and replacing with cars.

I have reads estimates that put China with 100 million cars by 2020. They have about 25 million right now.
Think they will sell US there used bikes for cheap???????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gas prices are based on oil prices per Barrel. Oil Companys are abble to raise the price of oil per barrel based on speculation of the market. They also have a long period of time they can keep prices up to be sure the market has settled.

With the recent attacks in the desert and the amount of people around the world that have cummted there simply to fight against the U.S. theres a risk that the price per barrel will go up so the prices are raised on oil, increasing the cost to refinerys and then to us. It sucks horribly.

How much is air plane fuel does it stay consistent like deisel? Im paying 2.85 a gallon for 87 and over 3.00 for premuim it cost about 12.50 to fill up my 5 gallon tank of premix minus the cost of oil.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:11 PM
2c3
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Paid $2.79 a gallon for regular yesterday on the way to work.

Its only money, I'll make more.
people like you really **** me off. just because you have the money to buy it doesnt mean everyone else does. why dont you take some off that money you dont mind spending and spread it around so us people that do have a problem with the gas prices can live a little easier. think about the country as a whole instead of just yourself.

Quick Reply: Gas prices are so high ----->