Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Gas prices are so high ----->

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas prices are so high ----->

2c3, Don't go hating because he has the money. Go out and work harder to get some more! This is America, Gosh Darn It! The land of the free, home of the brave! Or else just keep complaining.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:37 PM
2c3
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Breezer
2c3, Don't go hating because he has the money. Go out and work harder to get some more! This is America, Gosh Darn It! The land of the free, home of the brave! Or else just keep complaining.
i shouldnt have to work any harder so they can get richer. i make $20.40 per hr. it takes that and more because its not just the gas prices that are going up every thing is. if i made this much money 15 years ago id feel like i was rich. its bad when you and your wife together make 68000 a year and you have just enough money to pay your bills. 90% of the people in here are in debt up to ther eyeballs. your either going to get it on credit or your going to do without. when gas prices are high it makes it harder to live. but i know you cant see that because all that money you have is blinding you.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

paid 2.39 in new jersey and it is 2.74 right across the river here in Pa how can it be so much cheaper only 2min away

Old 08-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 2c3
Originally posted by: Breezer
i shouldnt have to work any harder so they can get richer. i make $20.40 per hr. it takes that and more because its not just the gas prices that are going up every thing is. if i made this much money 15 years ago id feel like i was rich. its bad when you and your wife together make 68000 a year and you have just enough money to pay your bills. 90% of the people in here are in debt up to ther eyeballs. your either going to get it on credit or your going to do without. when gas prices are high it makes it harder to live. but i know you cant see that because all that money you have is blinding you.
Quite the contrary. I don't have "all that money" About 55 k per year. I'll be debt free except for the house in less than 2 years. But what I do have is a wife that loves me, 2 great kids and 8 bicycles in the basement! I told her that if gas hits 2.75 here, we're biking to everything we can. I hear you about gas prices, though.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: daddas
I think the guy that's blamin GWB needs to take a closer look @ what's goin on though,there have been some very good points thrown out there especially about the drilling in Alaska.It's about time to stick it in the ear of all the tree huggers & get the oil where we can,none of those people are offerring solutions,only protests.If they'd spend half of that energy into coming up with alternative fuels they wouldn't have time to complain!Oh well,just rantin!

You are 100% correct sir if we opened up the ANWR to drilling we could become less dependant on OPEC and drill our oil. It has already been established that this can be done without harming the precious ANWR but the "greenies" won't listen to reason. If we could get rid of the far left then we could get a lot of things done that need to get done. Those that are quick to blame GWB and or The Iraq war couldn't be any wronger. Well I don't want to turn this into a nasty political battle so I'll stop now before the true feelings come out. I could give you about a 500 page report on ways we would be better off without the left.

Here's some more info on anwr

Old 08-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Range Rover

$2.60 for 87 in Buffalo, NY. Almost $3 for 93 octane for the Blaster. Dropped $40 filling up my mini-van, a year ago it was like $26. Figure at 3-4 tanks/month that's an extra $40-$55. That's got to come out of somewhere.

Went to Penn for some riding last weekend. Figured I dropped $40 on gas that day for the van and 2 quads. OUCH!!!

Old 08-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

yeah it costs me between 50 and 60 bucks to fill the durango up. I hate to drive it cause every twelve miles i realize i just spent 2.55

Old 08-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Trailblazer

Yea, but people still pay $1.25 for a 16oz bottle of water that they could get for free out of the tap, and at that price it comes to around $5.00 per gallon. Gasoline is one of the cheapest commodities we have in America. In Europe they pay $6.00 to $7.00 per Gallon or Liter (not sure).

Old 08-16-2005, 06:36 PM
2c3
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: stormyseas
Yea, but people still pay $1.25 for a 16oz bottle of water that they could get for free out of the tap, and at that price it comes to around $5.00 per gallon. Gasoline is one of the cheapest commodities we have in America. In Europe they pay $6.00 to $7.00 per Gallon or Liter (not sure).
your right. i never buy water. water and milk are 4 to 5 dollars a gallon, but we dont drink 20 gallons of milk or water a week like our cars do gas. there was a women on tv the other day that said it took $100 in hong kong to fill her tank. i hope it dont come to that here. if it does were in trouble.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Range Rover

I am in the process of parking the F350- 4x4 Powerstroke Diesel truck which gets 16 mpg. ( Pretty good milage for a big truck) I am on the hunt for a RICE BURNER that gets at least 35-45 miles per gallon. It just does not make since to keep bending over at the pump to make the ARABS RICHER.

Just to prove a point I wish all Trucklines & UPS would park there rigs on the side of the road for 2 weeks just to see what the government would do. It is all Politics- ( THE RICH GET RICHER & THE POOR GET POOER).

Quick Reply: Gas prices are so high ----->