Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!

Originally posted by: Torbinx
I think that drag race video is total bs. Why cant they stick with one continous camera shot rather then switch to an air one off the start. Why not keep it on the air one the whole time. Also I just came from the drag track today where they had an event called "quad wars" were you could drag your atv in an 1/8th mile instead of 1/4 and a mudbog competition. All i gotta say is the bf750's and the kawi 650's spanked the 800outlander.
The race in the video was 200yds, that equals 600'. A 1/8 mile is 660' or 220 yds. So the race you saw was only 60' longer so I don't know where you saw a 1/4 mile race.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I owned a sp800 (which I liked very much) and been on a few BF's, and there is no way a stock of either will beat the new BRP800. If the Kawi or BF did beat a Bomb, they were not stock.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

Hey GE4x4 when did u get your bomb last time i saw u the polaris was still around

Old 09-19-2005, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider

he liked everything about the Bomb except what he called it's cheap construction. he seams to think they will have problems with the frame breaking.
>>>>>>>>>

Cheap construction??? Could you be a little more specific?? I have an Outlander 330 and there is NOTHING cheap about it's construction. I've rolled this thing and NOTHING was damaged but some plastic, rolled, then skidded 20 ft upside down, didn't even damage the handlebars or anything. How cheap is that??

Old 09-19-2005, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

You can take this for what its worth, but all the Ski-Doo dealers around here dont speak very highly of Bombardier ATVs.
>>>

Why is that? I don't even believe this statment. This is pure nonsense. What, are they trying to damage their own business?? Please tell us exactly why they dont' speak highly of them.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Torbinx, I think you must have been watching the Kawasaki 650 and Bruteforce 750 racing an Outlander 400 if it got spanked. I have ridden all three of the v twins. They are all fast, but the Bombardier 800 is VERY fast. It certainly felt the fastest of the three to me. Captain Toyota, I agree with MUDDY4LIFE that it is very strange that your Skidoo dealer is crapping on Bombardier ATVs when they are the same company and when the ATVs have been very reliable. The Outlander line hasn't been on the market for long but the 400 has won high praise in all the ATV magazines that I've read, so why would he badmouth them? He could loose his licence. I know this is the Polaris forum, and the Polaris 800 EFI is a fine machine from what I've heard, but to the guys that don't like other brands--- please--- don't crap on BRP's Outlander 800 until you've ridden one. I personally have a Kawasaki but I like anything that is well made and the Outlander 800 sure looks well made to me. I don't think they would warranty it for 3 years if they didn't think it would last. It was an absolute BLAST to ride. I wish I could have ridden it longer. The only thing I didn't like was the price, but I guess you get what you pay for, and high quality plus all the bells and whistles is never cheap. Since the competition between manufacturers has heated up, we're seeing some really high quality quads. All the top line models are great machines. Its a good thing we don't all like the same things.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider

ok guys, the main reason the bomb beat the polaris in the pull is that they were equally weighted. they did it to be fair, all the quads were made sure to be equal weight... stock for stock im sure the sp800 would take it, i mean no additional weight on the bomb

Old 09-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Torbinx,
is the same guy that wrote the below statement,

Mon September 19, 2005 1:59

All i gotta say is the bf750's and the kawi 650's spanked the 800outlander.

I can tell you on my honda3504x4ES ive outperformed the polaris sportsman 500HO, yamaha wolverine 350, yamaha grizzly 660, and a polaris sportsman 700 in the mud and muck. When it boils down to it its all about experience, momentum and weight. All the machines were stock except the grizzly had mudbugs. When I say outperformed I mean they got stuck and I went through the same part they did afterwards. Its an amazing little machine--------end of quote------

With the above statements from Torbinx,you can tell he's a very experienced ATVer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

MUDDY4LIFE,

If you made it through something a grizz or sportsman didn't, it's definetely rider error on their part. No offense but the only thing a honda 350 could outdo against them is maybe outlast. It's a good work machine around a farm, but would fall to the rear of the pack in a mud bog!

Old 09-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

POPOPE,
Im not the one boasting the claims of the 350 Rancher,it is Torbinx who makes these claims..

I TOTALLY agree with you,no stock 350 Rancher around can handle the serious mud like the bigger bores that Torbinx mentioned in his post.If so,it would certainly be the riders lack of ability on the bigger quads.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

muddy4life,
Sorry bout that! Also, alot of mudding has to do with the skills of the driver, however, I don't believe a grizz or sportsman with a unskilled driver could be outbogged by a honda 350 with the most skilled. They would almost have to be intentionally trying to get it stuck if the honda made it through and they couldn't . Not intending this for you muddy4life, just typing.

Quick Reply: Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!