Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 09:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!

we dont know how much the movie was rigged, no company would put out a fully truthfull movie, if you watch closely on the 800, the 4x4 isnt engauged nor did it have a good take off, alot of those factors play in. and it got beat bad enough by the kawisaki to note that the video was a little if not highly rigged. ive raced dosens of Brute Force 750's and when it gets to the end of the drag, 8 times out of 10 they beat me, and when they do beat me, my quad is right on their bumper

also, the polaris isnt a V-twin (but i know what your saying) its a Paralel Twin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Ive had personal expierence with watchin a pull between the twins

the polaris does pull the farthest

I dont think they included the suzuki 700 king quad because it has no power compared to what was running on the pulls and drags

The Brp site has a dyno graph that has close numbers check it out the suzuki wouldnt stand a change

Old 09-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

i'll settle the drag race debate. my polaris dealer wants to sell personel watercraft so he checked into Bpr but he has to take the atv's too. they brought a Bomb 800 for him to check out. seeing as it ways less and has more horsepower it easily smoked the polaris 800efi. why is this so hard to believe? he didn't do a pull or mud comparison but he highly doubts the Bomb could out pull or do better in mud. he liked everything about the Bomb except what he called it's cheap construction. he seams to think they will have problems with the frame breaking.

Old 09-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Range Rover

You can take this for what its worth, but all the Ski-Doo dealers around here dont speak very highly of Bombardier ATVs.
That ad is typical BRP BS. Remember the ad that bashed the Japanese quad makers that BRP ran a few years ago that said, "our ATVs are designed in the Canadian wild, not in Japan".
Dont believe anything BRP claims in their ad campaigns. Im honestly surprised BRP didnt try to put 2-stroke engines in their quads.
Cap'n

Old 09-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

WOW,
isnt Ski Do also Bombardier?

I find it hard to believe that a SKI-Do dealer would bad talk the same brand of ATV he sells..

I cant tell you about anything except for the drag race,but there is NO WAY in hell that the 800 Bomb looses a drag race to the 800 Polaris..

Old 09-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

I did some mild riding today on my BRP 800XT. I was with my daughter on her Predator 50 so I didn't do too much. But, I can say with absolute certainty, this machine is phenominal. It has tons of very smooth power and torque. Sit close to the bars and throttle and you can spin the wheels easily and for a long time. Sit in the middle and throttle, and you take off like crazy. Sit in back and throttle and the front wheels jump off the ground with ease. All in high gear.

Again, I was riding fairly easy today. But, I took her off the tabletop at some lower speeds and didn't get more than 1 1/2 to 2 feet of air according to my 9 year old. and the suspension is stable and in general exceptional. I will say that you do need to treat it a little more like a sport quad when cornering hard. It is important to lean and give throttle. You get a very easy slide. It is nearly as good over the rough stuff as the Sportsman and much easier to keep the front end light when needed.

For all you guys dissin' the machine, ride it first, then post your opinions. If you are being honest, you can't help but to love it.

Old 09-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

I think that drag race video is total bs. Why cant they stick with one continous camera shot rather then switch to an air one off the start. Why not keep it on the air one the whole time. Also I just came from the drag track today where they had an event called "quad wars" were you could drag your atv in an 1/8th mile instead of 1/4 and a mudbog competition. All i gotta say is the bf750's and the kawi 650's spanked the 800outlander.

Old 09-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Torbinx
Also I just came from the drag track today where they had an event called "quad wars" were you could drag your atv in an 1/8th mile instead of 1/4 and a mudbog competition. All i gotta say is the bf750's and the kawi 650's spanked the 800outlander.

LMFAO......Nice try!

Old 09-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

QUOTE----All i gotta say is the bf750's and the kawi 650's spanked the 800outlander.-----END OF QUOTE

Jealousy shall gain you nothing my friend..Anyone who has rode a BF and a Kaw 650 and than the Outlander 800,KNOW damn well what the outcome of a dragrace would be against the Outlander 800..

Nice TRY though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Torbinx
I think that drag race video is total bs. Why cant they stick with one continous camera shot rather then switch to an air one off the start. Why not keep it on the air one the whole time. Also I just came from the drag track today where they had an event called "quad wars" were you could drag your atv in an 1/8th mile instead of 1/4 and a mudbog competition. All i gotta say is the bf750's and the kawi 650's spanked the 800outlander.
That is funny. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] There isn't a publication out there that will back that one up. I will put my Outlander 800 up against either quad in any distance. Now, I am a fan of ATVing in general and I think every manufacturer has good prioducts so I have NO brand bias.

I still do not understand why people are so insecure about a quad other than what they own being better, faster, better looking, or whatever. I love my Predator, but I give props to Yamaha and Honda for making excellent sport quads. The BF750 is a great quad too. But why get so bent out of shape over BRPs advertising video? Every manufacturer claims they make a better product.

Quick Reply: Videos. One of Sp800 drag racing an Outlander 800 You have to see this!